Best answer

Is there a way to run a Zap only when all Zaps in a folder did not run?

• 20 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Since Zapier does not have a regex filter, or an if/else function, are we able to set up a Zap that only fires if no other Zap has fired? Any help on this issue would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 21 July 2020, 19:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@VickieMT 

Would this be on a scheduled basis? i.e “run this zap if the other zaps haven’t run in the last 24 hours”.

@VickieMT

Would this be on a scheduled basis? i.e “run this zap if the other zaps haven’t run in the last 24 hours”.

Yes, that would work for us! How would you recommend we set this up?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@VickieMT 

You’ll want to add step to all the other zaps that create a Google Sheet row if they run - with the date they run.

Another zap will trigger with “Schedule by Zapier” and will run once per day. It should then search the Google Sheet to find any rows with a date from the day before - you can use a Formatter step to generate that - then add a filter that only continues if “ID” from the Google Search step doesn’t exist (i.e no row was found). The final step would a be a webhook step that would trigger your other zap to run (the trigger for that zap should be a webhook as well).

Hopefully that makes some sense! :grinning: