Skip to main content
Best answer

How do I use Zapier to automate inventory tracking in Google Sheets on a free plan?

• 20 July 2024
  • 4 replies

My goal is to create an inventory spreadsheet in Google Sheets where we will manually input our inventory everytime we finish a batch of products. What I would like to happen is for the orders that come from the website (and email) to be inputted into “Sheet2” and then I will use that data in “Sheet1” to do my inventory tracking. We have over 40 different products and most of the products have colors ranging from one-eight colors. I need to know the quantity of each product and corresponding color(s).

The issue is this: The data is Zapped into the sheet but only into these cells. While this is nice because I can have order after order be inputted and not run out of room, I don’t know how I can use this data in “Sheet1” to update inventory. Our business is too small to justify the expense of a paid membership so I really need this to work on the free plan. If it doesn’t then this simply have to be done manually. Any ideas as to what I could do here?

Thank you,

Scott

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Scott McDowell 

Use this Zap action: GSheets - Create Multiple Rows

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Scott McDowell,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

Userlevel 1

yes this worked perfectly. I’ve been very impressed with Zapier so far and am looking forward to learning more about it even though our uses are fairly simple.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @Scott McDowell! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗