Skip to main content
Best answer

How do I pass Gravity Form field values to a Zoom webinar action using Zapier?

• 19 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a Gravity form that is used to register for a Zoom webinar.  The form has a field that is the name of the Zoom webinar.  I want to set up so the webinar name field is passed into the Zap’s action.  Instead of picking the name of the webinar from the list of Zoom webinars the Action configuration provides, I want to pass the webinar name from the Gravity form into the Action, so the name applied to is dynamic, not a fixed webinar name.  So I don’t need to make a new Zap for every webinar that is added.

I’m thinking a Zapier Table might be a way to get the desired webinar into the Zoom Action.  I’ve not worked with Zapier tables so far, so don’t know exactly how to set this up, or if this is a good approach to take.  I know that I want one Action that handles ALL webinar names, not one webinar per Zap.

Suggestions are appreciated, thank you

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ISAR 

You can use the concept of a lookup table to get the Zoom Webinar ID from the Zoom Webinar Name.

OR

You can use a Zoom Find Meeting/Webinar action to get the Zoom Webinar ID to use in the Zoom action step.

Hi Troy

I’m sorry for my extended delay in replying to your response.  Thank you for reaching with your suggested approach.  A lot has happened since my original post.  With some assistance from Zapier’s support department, I was able to work out a solution without needing a lookup table by populating hidden fields I added to the Gravity form people register on, and using those hidden fields as data passed to Zapier’s Zoom Webinar action.  It’s a pretty efficient solution.   

I appreciate that you reached out, thank you

Steve