Best answer

How do I get the filename from Google Drive?

• 28 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Hey Guys, I’m basically building a resume analyser, and as a trigger I’m listening google form’s submission, however, to parse the resume as a pdf I need not only the file’s URL, but a filename as well…

To get the file itself from the google drive, I also need to know the filename, so to me it looks like a dead end, because any further manipulations with the file requires it’s name, when each file (resume) is a dynamic entity that I can’t control, so I’m wondering, maybe somebody can suggest to me some solution which either let parse and read file without it’s name, or let get the name of the google drive’s file.

Thank you for your time:)

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 28 November 2023, 16:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Wahtel 

Good question.

Do you have the File ID or File URL from which you could derive the File ID?

If yes, then you can use the GDrive API via this Zap action: GDrive - App Extensions

There is an AI assist to help you configure the action.

Thank you so much for your reply @Troy Tessalone, I was trying to do it earlier, but to no avail, however, after your message tried one more time, and it worked!

Zapier is so powerful tool actually, I’m so surprised!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s awesome to hear, @Wahtel! I’m so pleased you were able to get it working in the end. 🎉

Sounds like you’re all set for the moment but do reach out to the Community again if you ever get stuck - the Community is always here and eager to help! 🙂