Skip to main content
Question

How do I generate entry codes for the Nuki keypad?

• 7 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Don’t know how to do it via Zapier.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Billies,

Welcome to the community. So far, Nuki has yet to have a direct integration with Zapier. However, there is an option to find a solution through other possible means or platforms that can connect to both Nuki and Zapier. Nonetheless, this needs custom programming and will likely only be done by specific users. Before taking any further action, the best idea would be to visit Nuki's official website and contact their support line to get accurate information that will suit your needs. Thanks.

@JammerS 

I have a Nuki keypad that I use for my sauna. It has about 20 reservations per day. I want every reservation to have their own entry code with time slot. If someone books for 1 hour starting at 9 AM, the code should be valid between 8:45 AM and 10 AM. Manually it is possible to generate such codes, and I know it can be done automatically, but not via Zapier.

My set up uptil now (webhook part only)

Custom request

Method: PUT

URL: https://api.nuki.io/smartlock/{smartlock ID}/auth

Data:

{
  "name": "Zapier test code",
  "allowedFromDate": "2024-10-20T08:45:00.000Z", (from previous step)
  "allowedUntilDate": "2024-10-20T10:00:00.000Z", (from previous step)
  "allowedWeekDays": 127,
  "allowedFromTime": 0,
  "allowedUntilTime": 0,
  "accountUserId": "{account ID}",
  "enabled": true,
  "remoteAllowed": true,
  "code": 112233 (from previous step)
}

Headers:

• Content-Type: application/json
  • Accept: application/json
  • Authorization: Bearer {my API token}

I have read countless API documents, tried Nuki support (they refuse any help regarding api), had a dozen conversations with various AI chatbots including GPT 4o. I keep getting error messages when I test the Zap “The server understands the content type of the request entity and the syntax of the request entity is correct but was unable to process the contained instructions”

I have put in over 10 hours. Putting in more won’t make a difference. Can you help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Billies,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Just to be upfront, Webhooks by Zapier is considered an advanced feature, so our support for it may be more limited. Not because we don't want to help, but because APIs can be tricky to troubleshoot since we can't see what's happening on the other side. Every API that you send a request to is going to have slightly different structures that are required.

This makes it hard for us to know why the request may be receiving errors or not working as expected, beyond taking a general look at what's showing in Zapier.

Here are some resources that may be helpful:

If you are running into feature limitations, you could take a look at our blog post here:

For anything that I may not be able to answer, here are some other options:

I appreciate your patience and understanding.