Skip to main content
Question

How do I attach a file to the Jira issue by referring to the link to the Jira URL in the Slack message?

• 26 July 2024
  • 7 replies

Currently, we are creating jira issue using workflow in slack and output attached image and jira issue url.

I would like to attach a file to the corresponding jira issue by referring to the jira url link in the slack message

As for the zap I've composed now, it's based on when Slack's New file came, but I wonder if it's possible to divide the two conditions, New file and New Message posted to channel.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @palpitated 

The attachments did not upload.

Thank you for telling me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@palpitated 

In the Jira step, the variables mapped from Step 3 (Formatter) have a value of “No data”.

The Issue field expects the Jira Issue ID as indicated by the field description.

The Attachment field expects a file object/url. (help)

I checked that you can attach a file by selecting a new file
I would like to attach a file to jira issue by referring to the url of the message in Slack.
Because the jira issue is not fixed because it is made into a workflow of slack every time, but I don't know how to refer to the jira issue
So I want to use format by zapier to send url's jira issue in the slack message

Like the attached image
I wrote the input and pattern in the text action, but is the method wrong?

Even if I select Output Matched, I'm only getting error messages

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@palpitated 

For us to have more context you would need to post an example of the full URL you are trying to use and what part of the URL you want to parse out.

@Troy Tessalone 
Thank you for contacting me.
Is there any need for additional writing in other parts other than the item I wrote in the pattern?
It's been applied to the attached image.

The URL you actually use is written in the form below
https://goty-buttons.atlassian.net/browse/E12-xxx

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@palpitated 

Clarify what part of the URL you are trying to parse out with a specific example.

e.g. For this URL input, I expect this data point output.

Also, in your Formatter step, check the mapped input variable as it may need to be remapped.