Skip to main content
Best answer

GPTs Built With AI Actions by Zapier - How do they work when we share them with others?

• 25 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hiya!

So, I have a few questions about how the AI Actions by Zapier work when we share our GPTs with others e.g. team members or customers.  Hopefully, this is the right place to ask these.

1. If I’ve set up a custom GPT and added on AI Actions i.e. I’ve gone through the whole setup following Zapier’s instructions from here: https://actions.zapier.com/docs/platform/gpt, I’ve given authorization etc. if I were to share this GPT with teammates or customers…
    1. Does this mean they’d have to give their own authorization to Zapier when using my GPT and set up and enable their own Actions so they can create their own automation on their Zapier account?
    2. How would my teammates or even customers use my custom GPT with AI Actions built in? 
  2. Also, I saw that we can have our GPT with AI Actions create Zaps for us in the Zap Editor and all we need to do is click on the link and finish building it out.  How does this actually work?  
    1. When setting up the Actions we want the GPT to be able to execute, we have to fill in all the details and create the action so I’m just wondering how it gets access to the Zap Editor.

I have so many questions on how this actually works but I’ll leave it here for now.

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @CoCo Kelly. 👋

Great questions! I’ll do my best to answer them individually below...

Does this mean they’d have to give their own authorization to Zapier when using my GPT and set up and enable their own Actions so they can create their own automation on their Zapier account?

Yes, in order for the AI actions to run for them they’d need to connect the GPT to their own Zapier and own app accounts. 

How would my teammates or even customers use my custom GPT with AI Actions built in? 

Initially they’d need to click on the relevant configuration links, when prompted by the GPT, to set up the necessary actions. Once they’ve done that the GPT would then be able to process the relevant actions on their behalf whenever they interact with it.

When setting up the Actions we want the GPT to be able to execute, we have to fill in all the details and create the action so I’m just wondering how it gets access to the Zap Editor.

It doesn’t access the Zap Editor as such. The users will be shown a preview of the fields and settings that the GPT will use when running the specific actions enabled for the GPT. There’s an example given in The AI guessing flow section of the Zapier AI Actions documentation which goes into a bit more detail: https://actions.zapier.com/docs/using-the-api#ai-guessing

Hope that helps to clarify. Please do let us know if you have any further questions at all. 🙂