Question

Can I download files from Google From (Beta)?

• 29 January 2022
  • 9 replies

Hi! 

I have a Google Form that users fill in and upload files to it. I want Zapier to be able to create a folder with those attachments for each user. Is there a way I can achieve this? 

PS. In Zapier I chose “Google Forms Beta” since the “Google Forms” option wasn’t working.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Paula 

Check out this help article: https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/9308632?hl=en

The files are copied to your Google Drive account, so you can view them anytime in Google Forms.

• (Optional) To see the files in Drive, click View folder.
    In Drive, there’s a folder for each form. Files from respondents are stored by question in subfolders.

Hi! I know I can view the files in Google Drive. I was wondering if anytime a user filled the form, Zapier would be able to create a folder for that user. So let’s say user John Doe filled the form, Zapier would create a folder called John Doe with his attachments in it. If user Jane Doe filled the form, then Zapier would create another folder for Jane Doe with her attachments in it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Paula 

Try these Zap Steps:

1. Trigger: GSheet - New Row
  2. Action: GDrive - Create Folder
  3. Action: Looping (used to handle multiple files)
  4. Action: GDrive - Upload File

I got just fine to step two. When I added the “Looping” action I got totally lost. Also, why you mention GSheet in step 1? Shouldn’t it be GForms Beta?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Paula 

GForm submissions are saved to GSheets so the Zap trigger is really a GSheet.

I can't see my Google Form spreadsheet in the dropdown

Google Form responses need to be saved to a Google Sheet in order to work with Zapier.

To resolve this, you'll want to adjust where you save your Google Form responses using this guide and ensure they're saved in a Google Sheet.

The Google Sheet will then become selectable in the dropdown when setting up your Zap.

Help articles about Looping: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Paula! Just checking in here. How have things been going with building this workflow? I know Looping is somewhat of a more advanced concept so if you get stuck, please don’t hesitate to lean on us for assistance - we’re here to help! 🙂

Hey @jesse , thanks for reaching out. I managed to make this workflow work, thanks for the help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yay! We’re so glad to hear that, @Paula! 🎉 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Paula Woohoo! What was the actual solution that worked for you here? Did you end up using looping? Let us know!