Best answer

Duplicate Orders in Xero

• 1 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Everyone,

I just had a fix regarding the item line on Xero but the problem I am having now is that,
The number of order gets duplicated on depending on the number of items inside the invoice.

Here’s an example.

On this invoice, there are 3 items inside the invoice form the Contact Form 7 that I submitted.
Zapier is also sending 3 invoices as well since there are 3 items.
How do I enable Zapier to only create an invoice once for this?

Here’s my Zap Flow

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 2 February 2021, 16:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @chanhalzkie!

I see the icon for Looping by Zapier, which is our new app that does exactly what it sounds like. It will take one of several types of inout (including line items) then loop through each one to perform all of the subsequent actions.

Seems like that’s probably the case in your Zap. The Xero step is being repeated for as many times as there are line items in Step 3.

Instead, you would want to map the line items themselves into the portion of the Create Sales Invoice step so you’re only creating one invoice, but with multiple line items. You can read more about that here.

Userlevel 1

Hi @chanhalzkie!

I see the icon for Looping by Zapier, which is our new app that does exactly what it sounds like. It will take one of several types of inout (including line items) then loop through each one to perform all of the subsequent actions.

Seems like that’s probably the case in your Zap. The Xero step is being repeated for as many times as there are line items in Step 3.

Instead, you would want to map the line items themselves into the portion of the Create Sales Invoice step so you’re only creating one invoice, but with multiple line items. You can read more about that here.

Hi @nicksimard nicksimard,

Thanks for your response.
Unfortunately, if I remove the Looping by Zapier, it’ll create an invoice that shows up like this.

I’m using the Looping to remove any empty line item.
Here’s my previous topic regarding that matter:

Any other ideas to get rid of no data/item line without using Looping?
Thanks​

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@chanhalzkie 
I would replace the looping action with Formatter by Zapier > Text > Transform > Replace to replace any input that is blank. I.e replace two commas in a row ,, in your list with just one comma ,

That would accomplish what it looks like you are trying to do and remove any blank line items and return a list with only filled data.

Userlevel 1

@chanhalzkie 
I would replace the looping action with Formatter by Zapier > Text > Transform > Replace to replace any input that is blank. I.e replace two commas in a row ,, in your list with just one comma ,

That would accomplish what it looks like you are trying to do and remove any blank line items and return a list with only filled data.

I was away for a week so I wasn’t able to check my Zapier Topics.
Having to return to this answer has fixed my problem.
Even though I’m late, I would like to thank you so much!
Cheers!​​​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@chanhalzkie 

Always happy to help!