Skip to main content
Question

Zap isn't triggering from Gmail inbox to Trello Card

• 26 July 2024
  • 6 replies

My zap doesn’t seem to be triggering from Gmail inbox (sent by certain people) to my Trello Card. I’m not too sure If there is a step I may have missed which is causing the zap to fail. Is there anyone that could please assist me.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @LJohnson 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

NOTE: All of the Gmail Zap triggers are scheduled, which can take from 1-15 minutes to fire depending on your Zapier plan.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@LJohnson 

Check the field description for the Search String in the Gmail Zap trigger step for more guidance (see link) about how to configure the search conditions using AND/OR

Also, this condition should be like as indicated in the field description.

in:inbox

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @LJohnson,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. "Did Troy's idea work for the job?" If you need any assistance, feel free to reach out.

We're happy to address any concerns and assist you.

Hi there thank you for reaching out. It seems that I may be “zap challenged” there’s obviously something wrong with the way I am configuring my trigger. Can’t seem to figure out what I am doing wrong 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @LJohnson,

The “New Email Matching Search” trigger is a polling trigger which has an update time of 15 minutes (or lower depending on your plan). With that said, have you tried turning off the Zap and reconnecting your Gmail account?

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!