Skip to main content

I can’t be the only one noticing that reviews for Google Business Profile (they changed the name from Google My Business back in November of 2021, so it’s time to catch-up, Zapier) are no longer working. I’ve tested on over 10 of my GBP accounts (some with connects, some that are brand new, some established) and all of them fail to turn on the Zap getting the emailed error:
-

Step 1 - New Review in Google My Business

Refusing to override account notification settings: Already configured for GCP topic projects/highlevel-backend/topics/gmb-update-v2
-

I’ve tested this for complex Zapier automations and I’ve tested this for simple ‘Get a Review and Email Me’ automations and nothing will allow this Zap to turn on (all tests work).

Support has been confused by GBP asking me “Do you have an account and subscription with Google My Business?” so that hasn’t been of any help, and even after creating a ticket it’s been a week with no reply.

---

Anyone else running into this error and have a remedy or solution?

Does something need to happen on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) on my end? 

Hi there @ForemanMD,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Usually, that error indicates an issue with the app used in the trigger, in this case, with Google My Business.

According to Google's API documentation, there can only be one notification setting resource per account. If a topic has already been created, Zapier will not delete it, hence the error message you're getting.

Due to this, the Zap can't be switched on - Are you able to delete the topic that already exists? While I'm not an expert on My Google Business, I've done some research and found this help doc regarding deleting a topic - https://cloud.google.com/pubsub/docs/delete-topic 

Hopefully, this helps.

Hej! I am experiencing the same problem as ForemanMD.

Updating the app initially worked as expected. The Google Business Profile locations were recognized correctly and the trigger was configured. After saving, I received an email with the message that the Zap could not be activated: Refusing to override account notification settings: GCP topic projects/review-notifications/topics/reviews01.
I received the same message for three more Zaps. As I initially didn't know what was causing this error, I reconnected the Google account, unfortunately without success.

The reference to the Google Cloup Platform seems correct, but I think this is happening on Zapier’s side and not within my Google account. (I also checked all GCP projects and there are no topic subscriptions at all)

Not sure why my last response wasn’t allowed, but the short of it:

• I don’t have topics on GBP, never had and checked and can verify I have none.

• My old depreciated version of GBP on Zaps still work and I was able to save and use one of those, though is no longer available for new Zap creation.

• This seems like the new version of connection by Zapier to GBP is broken. This seems like a Zapier issue and not a Google Business Profile ‘notification’ issue.

We are also having the same issue, Zapier’s response was the same (that it’s on the GBP side). Still not able to get it to work.

Hi @3Dreams and @davidiliu,

I took a look at @ForemanMD ticket with our Support Team and this issue turned out to be a bug with Google My Business. Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. I've added your email address as another affected user. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track and prioritize fixes
  • Allows us to notify you via email if/when this is fixed

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA, but I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this issue so we can let you know as soon as we have any updates.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.