Skip to main content
Best answer

Zap says excel row update successful, but sheet doesn’t reflect changes

• 30 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I have added a step to one of my Zaps to update a row in an Excel sheet. I have tested the connection to the Microsoft account and Zapier says it is good. When I send sample data, Zapier says it sent it, but the Excel sheet never updates. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @adbuild 

To give us more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured.

Also, post screenshots showing the top 3 rows of your Excel spreadsheet worksheet.

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hi same issue 
Make sure that the Excel file you are trying to update is located in the correct folder and has the correct name. Also, make sure that the file is not read-only and that you have permission to modify it.
Make sure that the Zap is properly configured and that you have mapped the correct fields from the trigger app to the Microsoft Excel app.
The Zapier logs can provide detailed information about the errors that are occurring, including the specific request and response data. You can access the logs by clicking on the "Tasks" tab in the Zap and then selecting the "Logs" option.
Contact the Microsoft support team: If you are unable to resolve the issue on your own, you can contact the Microsoft support team for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional guidance or help diagnose the issue.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your help! It appears that the shading of some of the rows was being considered as data. So the Zap was placing the information further down in the sheet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @adbuild,

I just came across your post here and wanted to check in here to see how you’re getting on. Are you still running into an issue here? If so, please let us know and we’re happy to troubleshoot further.

Thanks!