Skip to main content

I have a range of accounts & zaps across Zapier.

One particular Facebook Lead Ads account is struggling to consistently be triggered by a new lead, to then zap to Gmail & Google Sheets.

Despite having all necessary ad account, portfolio & page access required (full admin) any new lead does not seem to trigger the automation.

I've tried connecting the Facebook Lead Ads business admin app, but this also doesn't work.

Hello @ClickThrus 👋

Here are some steps for resolving this problem. I hope this will helpful for you

• Ensure that the necessary permissions for facebook lead ads; gmail; and google sheets are allowed.
  • Sometimes authenticating your accounts in zapier can solve connectivity problems.
  • Double check the zap setup to confirm that the appropriate causes and actions are selected.
  • Use zapier test trigger feature to see if it can identify new leads.
  • Ensure that the facebook lead ads app is set up correctly

Nope. Won't solve it.

The Facebook app keeps giving an error when trying to authenticate connection.

This is happening to me as well.

Everything is set up correctly but it is not triggering.  When I go to testing, it will find the most recent test submission I put through but this zap is live and should have run which it did not.  

Hi @ClickThrus,

Can you please post a screenshot of the error message you are getting? Please obscure any sensitive information for security purposes so we can troubleshoot further. Thanks.

Hi @ClickThrus,

Taking a look at the error the issue might be due to some missing permission. Facebook permissions can sometimes be elusive and takes a couple of tries to get everything sorted. Since I see that you are using Facebook Lead Ads(for Business Admins) in the Zap, could you please work through this list of permissions another time and let me know if you have all of them granted for the Facebook page you've selected in the Zap?

1. The Facebook Page Owner needs to have a Business Manager account.
  2. If someone else, not the Owner, wants to connect with a Zap(like an Agency), they need to be added as "People" and with "Admin access" (this means they need to have a Business Manager account as well)
  3. "Manage page" access needs to be granted: screenshot (it is also possible to Add Assets in the People tab to get this popup)
  4. "Manage ad account" needs to be granted: screenshot
  5. The Facebook Page Owner needs to click on "Restore Default Access": link | screenshot > Click on "Restore Default"
  6. Add a new connection for Facebook Lead Ads and you should then be able to connect with the Page, pull in a sample (if there is one), turn the Zap on and trigger it.

Hopefully, this helps.

Sorry no this doesn't solve the issue.

All of the above requirements are met.

Hi @ClickThrus,

Thanks for giving that a try.

Unfortunately, I have exhausted my resources regarding this issue and my tools are limited. I recommend reaching out to our Support Team so that they can take a closer look at the Zap and its logs.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I appreciate your patience and understanding.