Question

Error Report: Creating a Payment Link in Stripe via Zapier

**Date:** [insert date]

**Problem Description:**
We have encountered repeated errors when attempting to create a payment link for a product in Stripe using the Zapier Action. Despite various attempts and corrections, the error persists, specifying that the "price" field is missing.

**Examples of Calls Tried:**

1. **First Call:**
    ```json
    {
        "available_action_id": "01HY************",
        "instructions": "Create a payment link for the product with the ID 'prod_Q************' and the price ID 'price_1PJ************'."
    }
    ```
    **Error:** Required field "quantity" (quantity) is missing.

2. **Second Call:**
    ```json
    {
        "instructions": "Create a payment link for the product with the ID 'prod_Q************' and the price ID 'price_1P************' with a quantity of 1."
    }
    ```
    **Error:** Required field "price" (price) is missing.

3. **Third Call:**
    ```json
    {
        "instructions": "Create a payment link for the product with the ID 'prod_Q************' and the price ID 'price_1PJ9************' with a quantity of 1 and price of 0.50 EUR."
    }
    ```

4. **Fourth Call:**
    ```json
    {
        "instructions": "Create a payment link for the product with the ID 'prod_Q************' and the price ID 'price_1PJ9************'. The quantity should be 1, and the price should be 0.50 EUR. Ensure to include the price field correctly."
    }
    ```

**Request for Assistance:**
We kindly request the development team to provide clarification and the correct syntax for creating a payment link using the Zapier Alpha Action. Despite various attempts to include the required fields, the error persists indicating that the "price" field is missing.

Thank you for your support.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Alessandro Lamparelli ,

Can you share the screenshot of the Zap that you have created?

Hi @jayeshkumarbhatia,

I haven't created a Zap for this; I'm exclusively using the GPTs actions in alpha. I want to understand if the issue is due to my incorrect writing of the instructions in the call or if it is a common problem still being resolved. Could you provide more details or suggestions on how to write the instructions correctly?

Thanks!

Alessandro

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Alessandro Lamparelli Your json payload should look something like this instead:

{ "line_items": [ { "price_data": { "currency": "usd", "product_data": { "name": "T-shirt" }, "unit_amount": 2000 }, "quantity": 1 } ], "after_completion": { "type": "redirect", "redirect": { "url": "https://example.com/success" } } }

Hi @fiona819 ,

Thank you for your response. However, there has been a misunderstanding. I am using GPTs to interface with Stripe, which does not accept a classic JSON payload. Instead, the parameters need to be included directly in the instructions (or at least all the GPTs calls have worked this way so far). Is my interpretation correct? If so, how should the parameters be written within the instructions?

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Alessandro Lamparelli Hey there, can I confirm your Zapier step is a chatGPT assistant, which you have connected to Stripe (outside of Zapier?) Or are you just using the Stripe step inside Zapier using custom actions? 

I can teach you how to configure using a Stripe API block in Zapier, but I am not sure what is your full workflow and whether you prefer everything to be completed in your GPT. 

GPT

@fiona819 

It's not a GPT assistant but a custom GPT. I'm trying to configure my GPT with Zapier actions for Stripe. It seems that it doesn't require a Zap in Zapier. I've already configured many actions including Gmail, Google Sheets, Calendar, and Stripe actions, and they all work fine. I understand that writing the call with all parameters within the single "instructions" parameter works well. The only action that doesn't work is creating the payment link. Specifically, I can create a product on Stripe, associate a price, all through GPT and actions. However, when GPT tries to create the payment link for the newly created price, it gives an error saying the "price" parameter is missing. It doesn't work whether I include it in the "instructions" parameter or as a separate parameter. I'm unsure if I'm making a mistake with the "price" parameter or if it's a bug in the action. That said, I'm open to any advice and teachings, so if you have something to teach me, I'm here :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I think I know why now! @Alessandro Lamparelli 

Because Stripe payment link is not an existing action in Zapier actions for Stripe. All your other actions are existing functionalities / actions on Zapier already. This is because even within Zapier steps, creating a payment link is not an out of the box function.

Perhaps you can also open a ticket with support to confirm this. 

@fiona819 

Oh okay, so I'm not making any mistakes, right? Well, thank you very much for the information :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Alessandro Lamparelli 👋 

It sounds like you might be running into some trouble when using Stripe’s Create Payment Link action as an AI Action, is that correct?

Were you since able to get the error resolved?

If not, would you mind sharing a screenshot showing what fields and settings have been selected for that AI Action? Asking as we don’t have access to your account so screenshots will help us to better see if there’s anything on the setup that might be causing the price to be passed over incorrectly.

Please remove/hide any private information (like names, emails, addresses etc.) from any screenshots before sharing.

Thanks, I look forward to your reply! 

No, unfortunately, I haven't been able to resolve the issue. I am attaching two photos of the parameters of the Action. Thank you very much for your help!