Skip to main content
Question

Calendly to BombBomb: Issues triggering secondary email addresses as CC'd

Currently, it appears Calendly only Zaps the primary contact but if there is a secondary email address entered (as the cc’d party), it appears that it does not Zap them into Bombbomb. Help?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MB - Eric 

Are multiple email addresses collected when the Zap trigger event from Calendly fires? (Invitee Created)

@Troy Tessalone it only allows for one. that is the problem. calendly can get populated with 2 emails but only the primary one gets zapped.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MB - Eric 

Can you show a real example with screenshots from Calendly, where there are 2 emails submitted for a Calendly Event?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MB - Eric

Does the Calendly Additional Guests data come thru in the Calendly Zap trigger example data?

Looks like Calendly returns the Guests.

If you are trying to iterate thru each, you can use the Looping app: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/help

Make sure to use a Zap trigger example that represents a Calendly Event that has Additional Guests so you can check for the presence of that data point in the returned data payload.

There are a lot of data points returned from Calendly, so make sure to scroll (up/down) to check or search for “@” to find matching values that include the @ symbol which is found in emails.

“Does the Calendly Additional Guests data come thru in the Calendly Zap trigger example data?”

It does not. I cannot select the additional guest data in Zapier. It appears nowhere.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MB - Eric 

(screenshot) Are you able to locate the variable called: Scheduled Event Event Guests

yes

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MB - Eric 

If you are able to locate that variable, then you should be able to use that variable in Zap action steps.

It’s likely the data is structured as an array of items.

If you want to handle each separately, then you can use the Looping (Create Loop from Line Items) Zap step.

You may need to test and locate a Calendly Zap trigger example (click the [Refresh Records] button) that has additional guests to help you configure the Zap action steps.

If you are looking to hire help, check the directory of Certified Zapier Experts: https://zapier.com/experts

can i locate an example that differs from what i currently can refresh? it seems its only the same examples that keep popping up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MB - Eric 

Try performing the Zap trigger event, then refresh the Zap trigger data.

Meaning schedule a real Calendly event that has Guests.

@Troy Tessalone so i got it fixed as per your suggestion. now my inquiry moves to the bombbomb side:

this latest test did not populate both primary email and guest email into bombbomb. upon some investigation (photo), is it because both emails are merged into one before the zap and caused an issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@MB - Eric

Email Address field expects 1 email address.

Previous feedback:

If you want to handle each separately, then you can use the Looping (Create Loop from Line Items) Zap step.

NOTE: There could be 0+ Guests.