Skip to main content
Question

How to sync new items from board A with data points from board B in monday.com using Zapier?

• 6 June 2024
  • 8 replies

When a new item is created in board A, we need it to grab data points from board B and drop data points into board A. Please see my video! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Eric.Darling 

Wondering if it would make more sense to use these column types in Monday.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Eric.Darling 

If you are trying to use Zaps...

Check out the available Monday Zap app triggers/actions: https://zapier.com/apps/monday/integrations#triggers-and-actions

1. Trigger: Monday - ???
  2. Action: Monday - Get Item by Column Value
  3. Action: Monday - Change Multiple Columns Values

Hey Troy, 

So the Mirror column is not going to work because as soon as the item leaves or is deleted or archived. That information that was in Board B is not completey missing in ALL entries. I need the data to be in there in a stagnant way. 

I’ve tried using the Zap that you mentioned but, I’m not quite sure about the “details’ of setting up the Zap. Meaning, I get it all set up (like you have laid out), but there are other details/fileds that seem to be rather important that (I think) are causing me errors in my zap. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Eric.Darling 

You would need to provide more context by posting screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode along with the encountered errors.

This is what I mean (1.5 min vid.) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Eric.Darling 

Item ID field for Monday expects a Monday Item ID value which is a number.

The mapped variable has “No Data”.

Make sure to use a Zap trigger example that has data populated for the desired field and make sure the desired field has the expected value (type/format).

Help article about using dynamic variables in dropdowns: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Eric.Darling

Example of a Monday Item ID mapped to the Monday Item ID field.

In Step 3, if you want to update the Monday Item from Step 1, then you would map the Monday Item ID from Step 1 to Step 3 for the Item ID field.

Ok, Im gonna try this. Thank you!