Skip to main content

I can find a file in a Sharepoint folder, but I can’t seem to figure out how to upload a copy of that file to a different location:

Any suggestions?

Hi @Jstimac 

Help link for using files in Zaps: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288813453

For us to have more info, post screenshots with how Zap Step 14 is configured for the “Configure” section.

@Jstimac 

Things to check.

1. Tab: Troubleshoot
    1. Check the Troubleshoot tab to have AI provide guidance

2. Help
    1. Help link for using dynamic variables in dropdown lists: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps
  3. Field: Folder
    1. Click the field label to see a tooltip for guidance
    2.  Make sure the provided variable value is in the expected value format
  4. Field: Folder
    2. Make sure the provided variable value is in the expected format
    3. Change back to “Static” mode using the g...] button, then view the options in a dropdown to see the expected value format
  5. Field: New File
    2. The mapped variable is a file object, which a temp file that expires after 1 hour
      1. Try testing Zap step 13 again to use a fresh file object in your test for Zap step 14

I have reviewed these instructions and I still can’t seem to figure it out. One thing I saw in someone else’s post is something about the file needing to be a public accessible file? Is this true? This wouldn’t make sense to me if I can find a file in a folder but I can’t move it to another folder in the same directory unless the file is a public accessible file. 

Additionally, I was able to use the Move A File Action on this file. I don’t understand why I can’t copy a file and move it.  

@Jstimac 

File Not Found means the file object was no longer accessible.

File objects in Zaps are temp files that expire after 1 hour.

Make sure to test Zap step 13 before testing Zap step 14.

Retested Step 13

Step 13:

Step 14:

Step 13 is telling me it finds the file. But Step 14 is giving me a 404 file not found error. 

@Jstimac 

You may have to try process of elimination.

In many drive apps, a folder is a type of file.

Try using a static folder selection to help you determine if the issue is the Folder field or the File field.