Skip to main content
Question

How do I auto-update Basecamp 2 Events' Dates & Description from Salesforce changes?

• 22 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello!

I’m looking for a way to update an Event in Basecamp 2 via Salesforce.

I was successful in creating an event by matching fields and writing criteria; however, if I modify my start date in Salesforce I’d like for it to find the matching Event in Basecamp 2 via the Summary (as this is a match to a field my Salesforce <Basecamp Name>) and update the Start At and End At along with Description fields in Basecamp 2 to match the corresponding fields in Salesforce.

Any thoughts?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @WLRFS,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

It looks like you’ve reached out to our Support Team about this and they replied today with a suggestion. I’ll share details of the suggestion here in case it’s helpful:

I'm glad to hear that you've been successful in creating an event by matching fields and writing criteria between Salesforce and Basecamp 2.

From what you've mentioned, you wish to modify the Start At and End At along with Description fields in Basecamp 2 to match the corresponding fields in Salesforce whenever you modify your start date in Salesforce. At the moment, while Zapier can create events in Basecamp 2 from Salesforce, it does not support updating existing ones.

I checked your account and it looks like no account is connected on your Basecamp steps.

Kindly connect an account and see if those added action steps can help you with your desire workflow. Most specifically the Update To-do action step.

If you’ve got any questions regarding their suggestion it would be best to continue the conversation with them over email. If you can’t locate their reply I’d recommend searching your spam/junk folder or searching your inbox for any emails from zapier.com in case. Sometimes their emails can end up in the spam/junk folder by accident.