Skip to main content

Howdy!

I have a Zap so new constant contact contacts fire a Google Analytics event. Everything is working great; however, I’d like to be able to either:

1. Show the path from which the person signed up in GA (as a page or referrer or source) so I can differentiate whether a landing page was used, or
  2. Differentiate in Zapier which form is being used from Constant Contact

Thank you in advance!

Renee

Hi @renee 

• Differentiate in Zapier which form is being used from Constant Contact

Try using a Filter step in your Zap: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

This is a great tool! I can’t seem to differentiate inline forms from one another using Constant Contact’s available properties. Any other hints that might be helpful?

@renee 

Can you post what data points are returned from the CC Zap trigger step?
Maybe there is a CC Form ID that can be used.

Sure thing. All I see are list IDs, but those can be used across forms (screen shots, since copy/paste loses formatting):

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting. 

@renee 

Are you able to set this value as part of the CC Form?

OR are you able to set a custom field value as part of the CC Form?

Thanks, Troy. That source value is set by default, and it cannot be changed. 

Regarding the custom field, I was hoping I could add a value to a field and hide it, but it won’t allow me to add a value per form, and it adds the custom_field property whether it’s used in the form output or not.

This seems to be a flaw with (or a hole in) Constant Contact’s API, honestly. It seems the only way to differentiate is to set up a separate form for each list, unfortunately.