Skip to main content

Can I filter if a name IS NOT capitalized?

New order in shopify

Filter if “name” starts with “N”

Continue if name starts with “n”

Hey there, friends! I wanted to pop in and summarize some of the recommendations here! 

Filter: Starts with this filter is NOT case sensitive.

>ADVANCED] You may have to use a Code step before a Filter step to do that comparison: https://zapier.com/apps/code/help

Nick mentions an alternative to code here:

Hi @Myselfie ApS!

As an alternative to what Troy suggested above, you could check out the Extract Pattern function of our Formatter by Zapier app. I don’t know the exact RegEx you would use, but I thought I’d mention it in case you felt more comfortable with that than Python or Javascript.

Andy also had this recommendation to consider to avoid wasting tasks: 

If you need this to happen straight after the trigger so you’re not wasting tasks, it might be worth looking to see if there’s a way to calculate this at the point of sale - So you have a true value to filter on. 

I hope this helps! 

@Myselfie ApS 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

I don’t think it’s possible with the filter step alone without specifying every condition explicitly.

If you need this to happen straight after the trigger so you’re not wasting tasks, it might be worth looking to see if there’s a way to calculate this at the point of sale - So you have a true value to filter on. 

I pretty much need to do it INSIDE the filter step.
If I do it before i end up wasting a lot of tasks.

Hi @Myselfie ApS!

As an alternative to what Troy suggested above, you could check out the Extract Pattern function of our Formatter by Zapier app. I don’t know the exact RegEx you would use, but I thought I’d mention it in case you felt more comfortable with that than Python or Javascript.

Filter: Starts with this filter is NOT case sensitive.

[ADVANCED] You may have to use a Code step before a Filter step to do that comparison: https://zapier.com/apps/code/help