Skip to main content
Best answer

Error while hydrating data from Google Drive: ENOSPC: no space left on device, write

• 25 June 2024
  • 8 replies

Hi, I am uploading my videos with the volume of for example 7 GB to YouTube, but I recently faced with this error” hydrating data from Google Drive: ENOSPC: no space left on device, write” May anyone guide me in this regard? 

I tested today that when I upload a file with a small volume for example 20 MB is uploaded successfully but it faces with this error with large files.

Hi @Avina 

Welcome to the Community.

As I take a look at the error. The error message "ENOSPC: no space left on device, write" usually means that the device or server you are using has run out of space. If you're uploading from a local device, you may need to free up some storage space. If you're uploading from a server or cloud storage, you may need to increase your available storage. You may check Google Drive to see if you have enough space available for storage. Also, if you are using YouTube, make sure you're using a verified account since an unverified account only allows you to upload a 15-minute limit video upload.

Consider contacting Google Drive support to clarify their storage procedure.

Hi thanks for your help. I cleared up my laptop cache, and also my drive, then try again to upload my video from the drive to YouTube. my video is about 3 GB, I also tried to upload a smaller video about some MB volume, and it is successfully done. I updated my google drive storage to 100 GB on 3June and it is in Trial time to upgrade yearly plan and in this time, i only could upload one video with a high volume than 3GB. after that this error has happened. This trial will be ended next week. I think this is because of this trial version. and after that it will be solved automatically. In fact, it holds my large video to be uploaded to YouTube. 😊

Hi @Avina,

Across Zapier the limit to complete an action has always been 30 seconds - this isn't something that has changed recently. On some occasions you may see a larger file go through ok in that time. This will partially depend on our servers as well as the servers of the app we're uploading to and from but we tend to see issues more consistently around the 1GB limit.

However, we do have a feature request to track requests for higher upload limits, so I've added your details to that. If it becomes available in the future, we'll send you an email to let you know.

Hopefully, this helps!

Hi @Avina,

Across Zapier the limit to complete an action has always been 30 seconds - this isn't something that has changed recently. On some occasions you may see a larger file go through ok in that time. This will partially depend on our servers as well as the servers of the app we're uploading to and from but we tend to see issues more consistently around the 1GB limit.

However, we do have a feature request to track requests for higher upload limits, so I've added your details to that. If it becomes available in the future, we'll send you an email to let you know.

Hopefully, this helps!

Hi

Thanks for your response. I uploaded before this issue videos with more than 1GB through Zappier from Google drive. to YouTube. May you guide me this 1 GB limit is new???

I was working for more than 6 months and uploading Videos with usually 3 GB, but after increasing a trial version of Google Drive to 100GB at last month this problem with Zappier happened. Today after ending 100 GB storage on Google drive to its previous 15GB, I tried again to test uploading a video with 3GB to YouTube by Zappier, but this error happened again, so the problem is not Google Drive I think there is a problem about Zappier.

Hi @Avina,

Hopefully, this helps!

Hi

Thanks for your response. I uploaded before this issue videos with more than 1GB through Zappier from Google drive. to YouTube. May you guide me this 1 GB limit is new???

I was working for more than 6 months and uploading Videos with usually 3 GB, but after increasing a trial version of Google Drive to 100GB at last month this problem with Zappier happened. Today after ending 100 GB storage on Google drive to its previous 15GB, I tried again to test uploading a video with 3GB to YouTube by Zappier, but this error happened again, so the problem is not Google Drive I think there is a problem about Zappier.

Thanks for your help. I hope that it happens very soon.

Hey @Avina 👋

I did some digging and it appears that the legacy version of the Google Drive app was able to handle files of over 1GB which is likely why it was working previously but is now erroring when you attempt to send files of over 1GB in size over to YouTube - very sorry about that.

We’ll definitely let you know as soon as that feature request has been implemented. For now the only solution would be to reduce the files size to under 1GB or to split the videos up and upload each one separately then merge them back together with YouTube's own video editor. Or to temporarily use an alternative file storage app. Not ideal I know but these are the only known potential workarounds at present.

Wish I had a more immediate solution or better workaround to suggest here. If you have any further questions or if there's anything else I can help with do let me know!

Hey everyone,

I would like to address the last message.

We have the same error, although our file is 960 MB and therefore less than 1 GB. However, I suspect it is close to the 1 GB limit and depending on the speed, the zapper may or may not go through.

@SamB, you mentioned using an alternative file storage app temporarily. Is there any way to find out which of these apps might work? I know Onedrive has a maximum upload size of 60MB according to the zap integration if I'm not mistaken, but I couldn't find a limit on Google Drive, for example.

I appreciate any help as we are working on downloading our Zoom recordings to share with certain teams.

Best regards

Hi @Tom G 👋

Hmm, 960MB seems far enough below the 1 GB limit. Maybe the server was too slow in processing the request at the time. If you replay the errored Zap run now is it able to upload the file successfully? 

I don’t have access to a list of the file size limits for each app in that File Management & Storage Apps category. So unfortunately, the only way to confirm that would be to test the apps out with similarly large files to see if it’s accepted. 

I’ve added you to the feature request to have Google Drive support uploads of over 1GB in size. I can’t make any promises as to when/if that will be implemented but we’ll be sure to send you an email notification as soon as it is! 🙂