Skip to main content
Question

How do I copy the table in Google Docs to my Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel?

• 1 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I have a weird flow that i’m trying to build. I’m converting pdf to docs to gsheets. I have successfully moved from pdf to docs but now trying to figure out how to copy the table that is in docs to gsheets. is it possible? 

i know i can do it from pdf to xls via pdf.co but call me cheap, don’t want to spend more money elsewhere. 

I’ve also tried searching the forums but didn’t find anything similar

This is how it looks like.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@sigmacreed if you don’t want to pay for any external tools, you may have to try google apps script (with some javascript code) to get it done. 

@sigmacreed if you don’t want to pay for any external tools, you may have to try google apps script (with some javascript code) to get it done. 

I just want to see if there is an alternative way to do this. Manually, i just have to copy the table from docs and paste it on sheets. Not sure if Zapier can do that

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sigmacreed 

We apologize, but any triggers for Google Docs don’t return table content as mappable data for Google Sheets. You may need to use external tools such as PDF.Co to convert PDF to .xls

We hope that clears up your query regarding building your Zap.