Skip to main content
Question

Client + coach schedule matching using Zapier AI

• 23 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi,

We are trying to build a scheduling tool using Zapier AI and Google Sheets. This does not need to be fully automated, we just want to AI to give us the best pairing suggestions. 

There are two aspects that we need to match clients and coaches on: (1) personality characteristics and (2) availability.

I currently have the clients’ availability and personality characteristics in one spreadsheet, and our coaches’ availability and personality in another spreadsheet. The trigger needs to be the client’s availability landing onto the client spreadsheet, since that will automatically happen when a client enrolls in the program (and because one coach takes multiple clients).

There are two things I am confused by: (1) what is the best intermediary step to be able to pull the coaches’ spreadsheet information in? I’ve tried both the Google Sheets action: return multiple spreadsheet rows and the Google Drive action: Find a file. The Google Sheets action wants to match rows based on exact information, which is not helpful to feed into the AI. The Google Drive action finds the spreadsheet file for me, but does not produce the columns for me to pull information from to push into the AI. The second thing I am confused by is (2) what is the best way to phrase the request into the Zapier AI? It looks like the Zapier AI mostly functions to rephrase text or produce logical sentences based on partial information. Maybe a Chat GPT connection would be better or more robust?

Thanks in advance!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Maddie Webb 👋

The Get Many Spreadsheet Rows action for Google Sheets should allow you to pull in all the information from the spreadsheet without you needing to specify each row that needs to be added. For example if you had a spreadsheet with 13 rows of information:

7c196e7b2ec2a09d2fdb3ad1376d6532.png

You could set the Row Count field to a large number like 200 for example, instead of the exact number of rows in the spreadsheet:
9c5b7e4ebae8b95e9543479a001d66a6.png

And it would pull through every row (up to that limit of 200) that contain information:

0ef1f04252b9dc1d1f1a85dc49b2a9af.png

Then you could pass the information over to your AI action to read and determine which rows contain the best match.

That said, when you say “Zapier AI”, are you referring to the AI by Zapier app or are you referring to our AI actions which can be used in apps like ChatGPT? If you’re wanting to handle this workflow in a Zap then it would most likely be best to use a ChatGPT action to determine the best availability and personality matches.

And how many personality characteristics are you matching on?

If there’s several characteristics that need to be taken into account I’m wondering if you might be better off using Zapier Tables instead of Google Sheets for this. I say that as Lookup Spreadsheet Rows actions are limited to searching based on two values and it will only return a row that matches both values:

21a2da667888106b0375d64ed33165cc.png

But with a Find Records (Zapier Tables) action you can search for up to 5 values and also set different search operators: 

026d1aa845858bc998ed31b5d4e84000.png

Keen to help get this up and running so will be keeping an eye out for your reply! 🙂