Question

CLICKBANK CART ABANDONMENT TRIGGER

• 26 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Hey everyone,

I want to launch a product on Clickbank and am interested in their cart abandonment feature.

When a customer goes to the product checkout page on Clickbank, if they enter their email address, leave the page, and do not come back within an hour to complete the sale, Clickbank can send all the information from the completed fields to a given destination.

Zapier does not have a trigger “Cart Abandonment” for Clickbank, so it seems that someone would need to build a custom trigger.

This is what the trigger would look like:

• Clickbank sends the cart abandonment “Instant Notification” containing any completed fields to Zapier. If the “Email” field was filled by the guest, then the email has the tag “cart abandonment” added to it and is passed to an email service such as Drip/Aweber.
  • There, they are automatically entered into a 3-email sequence as a reminder to buy.

That’s it.

Here is some useful information from Clickbank:

Seems very simply to implement, but coding looks like gibberish to me so :sweat_smile:

Please PM with price estimate and how long you believe it would take.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Zap Trigger: Webhook app > Catch Hook will provides the webhook to be placed in ClickBank for the INS.

Article: https://support.clickbank.com/hc/en-us/articles/220376507-Instant-Notification-Service-INS-

Requesting Access to Instant Notifications

The Instant Notification feature is not automatically enabled. To request access:

1. Log in to your ClickBank account.
  2. Click the Vendor Settings tab.
  3. Click My Site.
  4. Find the Advanced Tools section and click Edit.
  5. Click the Request Access link next to the Instant Notification URL field.
  6. Fill out the form, thoroughly review the terms of use, and acknowledge that you have read and agree to the terms of use.
  7. Click the Save Changes & Request API Access button at the bottom of the form.
  8. Click the Save Changes button.

Testing and Enabling Your URL

To enable Instant Notifications, you must enter your Secret Key, test the connectivity and successful processing of the URL parameters between ClickBank and your server, and save your changes.

To test and enable your URL:

1. Log in to your ClickBank account.
  2. Click the Vendor Settings tab.
  3. Click My Site.
  4. Find the Advanced Tools section and click Edit.
  5. Enter your secret key in the Secret Key field. Your secret key is a string of up to 16 characters, including numbers and capital letters, that you create. Your instant notifications will be encrypted using your secret key. See the Encryption section for more information.
  6. Click Save Changes.
  7. Find the Advanced Tools section and click Edit.
  8. Enter your URL in the Instant Notification URL field.
  9. Click Test URL to the right of the URL.
    A test notification is sent with a receipt of ******** and a transaction type of TEST.
  10. Review the response to verify that the test was successful.
    • If the test was successful, the URL is marked as Verified next to the URL field.
    • If the test was not successful, troubleshoot possible problems with connectivity or your application before retrying. A URL cannot be used until it has been tested successfully.
  11. Click Save Changes.
    Instant Notification transmissions begin immediately for all verified URLs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Responded over PM. Thanks!

Thank for the steps @Troy Tessalone. Unfortunately the output I get is a long encrypted “notification” and “iv”.

Clickbank provides the ready made code in Python to decrypt the notification. I could simply copy paste it in a “Code” action as the second step.

However that’s not possible. Reason being the code starts by importing the below library, which as I understand is not natively supported by Zapier. Nor is it possible to install it via the “pip” command anywhere here.

from Crypto.Cipher import AES

If you have any ideas of how to overcome this issue, I’d be happy to hear it!