Best answer

Slack/google sheet/twitter error

So I have attempted to take a slack message that contains only a website URL to be put into a google sheet into two columns. {column A = Article title / column B = Website URL}. I have set this up to work and when testing through the Zapier program it works! but when the trigger is activated by itself not a test the Article title does not populate on the google sheet/ Tweet. I have messed with the options a lot but cannot figure out why this is happening.

icon

Best answer by dynamic3.0 17 May 2022, 15:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @dynamic3.0 

Good question.

Check your Zap Runs for live data to see the DATA IN/OUT to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Thanks this is helpful, but still got to figure out why the information is not populating.

this is whats happening for column A

COL$A:

{{156079212__attachments__0__title}}{{156079212__attachments__0__text}}

it was the parameters to find the title of the article but for some reason it does not auto fill into these codes. When testing the zap these codes has the relative information already there so this begs the question what I should be using...

Thanks this is helpful, but still got to figure out why the information is not populating.

this is whats happening for column A

COL$A:

{{156079212__attachments__0__title}}{{156079212__attachments__0__text}}

it was the parameters to find the title of the article but for some reason it does not auto fill into these codes. When testing the zap these codes has the relative information already there so this begs the question what I should be using...

I figured out what was going on… the slack msg was not gathering the data from the URL and since the URL was the only information posted in the slack channel that was the only info the zap was pulling.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for letting us know the solution here and nice job on working it out!