Best answer

Show link previews on twitter

• 19 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi!

I have the RSS to Twitter set up. However I only get a boring text link and not a link preview. 

I have a similar setup with IFTTT and those posts always gets a preview.

I thought it might be because I had the link shortening on, but removing that didn’t help. 

What am I missing? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by christina.d 6 May 2022, 00:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @gotkom ,

Thanks for reaching out! I suspect this has something to do with the OG tags but am not certain. I suggest reaching out to our Support team here so that they may dig in further. Let us know how you get on with this workflow!

Thank you. Yes I kept on digging after I posted the question and it appears that you can’t have just the OG tags, but you need to complete them with Twitter:cards apparently. I’ll keep on looking. But it doesn’t seem to have anything to do with Zapier as you are saying. Thank you and have a nice weekend!

Yes, the problem is solved now adding the twitter:card meta data to the page. It’s not enough to have the OG.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, the problem is solved now adding the twitter:card meta data to the page. It’s not enough to have the OG.

Thanks for looping back around to update the topic of your solution! 

I wanted to also drop some resources on meta tags in Twitter in case it’s useful! There’s a question in Twitter’s developer forum regarding this and the documentation on how to set it up for your site if you’re comfortable navigating that! Here’s a bit more of a friendlier read on how Twitter cards work too. 

Happy zapping! ⚡️