Best answer

Mention a twitter user when they follow me

• 15 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Im tryin to get a zap so that when someone follows me on twitter, I tweet something like “@user123 just followed me, thanks!” 

But i every time i do this, it leaves out the “@” sign, meaning the user wont be notified about it. 

Any ideas here? Im using the `follower screen name` field as the tag. I even tried manually putting an “@” sign before the screen name field but it just removes it. 

icon

Best answer by jesse 6 May 2022, 01:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @conbon 

Using Zapier as a Twitter Auto-Responder

A Zap that auto-responds to search mentions is a violation of Twitter's policies for automation.

Twitter’s policy doesn’t allow replies or mentions in response to search mentions. If your Zap has a Search Mention trigger and an action that sends a Tweet to that user’s @username, the Tweet will be posted but the @ will be removed.

Twitter’s policies for automation don't allow @replies in response to search mentions. Here’s a link that discusses Twitter’s policies for using automations with their platform: https://support.twitter.com/articles/76915#replies-mentions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there @conbon (and browsing this thread) - Troy is correct, this is against Twitter’s policies. We have an open feature request for this on this thread, which I’ve gone ahead and added you to, in the off-chance it becomes possible. Please follow along over there for updates. Thanks!