Question

Zapier pulling yesterday's post from Wordpress

• 2 August 2022
  • 1 reply

I’ve setup Zaps that triggers based on a Wordpress post being published, and publishes it to social media. 

Generally the Zap is working, except one problem - it’s always picking up yesterday’s post.

Example:  Today is Tuesday -- Zapier published Monday’s post this morning.

In case this is relevant:  when I use the test function in the trigger it brings in 3 posts (as test data) in this order:

• “Post C” is an unrelated post from last week that is filtered out by a filter in my Zap
  • “Post B” is yesterday’s post
  • “Post A” is today’s post

In testing, even if I select “Post A” the next step is using “Post B”. It’s almost as if the zap is working from “C → A”, rather than always taking the most recent which I would expect to be “A”.

Any thoughts?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Mike Edwards!

This isn’t something I’ve come across before; I’d expect the Zap to trigger on the most recent post then continue with the other actions of the Zap. 

The first thing to do is to take a look at the Zap’s history. In the history, you can click on each Zap run to check what data triggered the Zap and if the Zap ran into delays for any reason. In other words, you can see if the trigger isn’t picking up the right post, or if there’s something wrong with one of the other steps. 

If you do that and you can see that the Zap is definitely being triggered a day late, the best thing to do is to get in touch with the Support Team using the Get Help Form

If it’s the other actions, could you share some more detail about your Zap - what actions are there, if you’re seeing an error message, what does it say? That’ll give us the best chance of helping you with your Zap :)