Best answer

Zap to Add Google Calendar Event to another Google Calendar Not Working

• 7 August 2022
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to accomplish the following:

1. Anytime I add or RSVP Yes to an event on my personal Google Calendar, I want it to also add to my work’s Google Calendar
  2. I want the duplicated event on the second calendar to show me as busy/unavailable to my colleagues. I need the details shown on my personal calendar to NOT appear on my work calendar.

The Zap I created is Trigger: New Event in Google Calendar → Action: Create Detailed Event in Google Calendar. It is not working AT ALL. I have set up the detail on the Action to hide details and just list things such as description, etc...as Busy.

Appreciate the help with troubleshooting my existing Zap and/or a completely new solution!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 11 August 2022, 14:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @CBSeattle!

You can definitely set up a Zap like that for Google Calendar as it’s one that I use myself! 

When you say that the Zap isn’t working, could I ask you what you mean? For example, are you expecting to see your existing calendar events duplicated? Or are you creating new events in your personal calendar that are not then being copied to your work calendar? If it’s the second, could you please share a screenshot of how the create detailed event step is set up (remember to remove/blockout any personal/private info like full names or email addresses). 

Thanks!

Thank you @Danvers ! It’s actually BOTH! Nothing is pulled across to the second calendar, even brand new events I’ve created. I’ve given up on Zapier and used Reclaim for this one...that worked instantly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @CBSeattle, I’m sorry to hear that you weren’t able to get a Zap to help you with this, though I’m glad you found an easy way to do it!

If anyone else is looking to do this with Zapier, I made a quick shared Zap of how mine works, which you can use as a template to create your own Zap: Copy an event from a personal Google Calendar account to a work one.