Best answer

YouTube username for New Video in YouTube zap

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi.

I’ve read all of this: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495991159693 and this 

Neither seem to address the topic of “what is the username we are supposed to fill out”?

Here’s the profile I’m trying to follow: https://www.youtube.com/@theentertainmentreel/

For example

or

or

no matter what, i see:

(and yes, there are videos in the channel as you can see. also, i’ve tried with other acccounts, same issue)

Any help?

Thanks

Jeremy

icon

Best answer by chanelle 27 April 2023, 16:36

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey @jtoeman! I see a few bug matching your issue logged in our system. I’ve added your email to the list so you’ll receive an update as soon as it is resolved. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

thanks @chanelle - can i interpret this as “this won’t work at all right now”? i can’t figure out a workaround...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@jtoeman unfortunately yes. I know that’s not the best news in the world, but if you would like someone to take a closer look, or see if there is a possible workaround, you can always reach out to our Support Team! I find them to be super helpful, even as an employee 😆

@chanelle I’m also experiencing this issue. Has there been any updates in the last few months?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@TechHut Hey there! There haven’t been any updates on this, but I’ve added you as an affected user and casted your vote to have this fixed! You can check back on this thread for any updates, and you should receive an alert once this is resolved. 

@chanelle can you add me to the list for being notified as well please. 

Hi @chanelle could you please add me to the list for being notified. I’m facing the same issue and would like it to be fixed as soon as possible. Thank you!

@TechHut Hey there! There haven’t been any updates on this, but I’ve added you as an affected user and casted your vote to have this fixed! You can check back on this thread for any updates, and you should receive an alert once this is resolved. 

Hey @chanelle, same here, we need a solution ASAP as well.

I am also affected by this

@TheEpidemicShowTime

can you add me to the list for being notified as well please.

I’m also affected by this. 

I am also affected! Is this issue open for 1 year already?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there folks 👋 I’m very sorry about us missing your replies here previously. And thank you all for your patience on this.

@align432YOGA, @SamThatsRdd, @pra, @itsTimboFlex, @Vaidas dubaka, @tom_burrow, @sebi2121 - Happy to confirm that you’re all on the list of folks being affected so we can notify you as soon as it’s been resolved. 

In the meantime, I wanted to share that it seems that Google has deprecated Youtube usernames.

Newer YouTube Channels would be assigned a Channel ID number, only much older YouTube accounts would have a username. If you’ve got a newer YouTube account that’s only got a Channel ID you’ll need to use the New Video In Channel trigger instead. If you’re unsure of where to find your Username/Channel ID please check out Google’s Find your YouTube user & channel IDs help guide to learn more. Hope that helps. 🙂