Best answer

Wordpress error: "Authentication failed: The Zapier WordPress plugin has not been activated on this WordPress site." even though my plugin is installed and activated.

• 19 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I made a change to one of my integrations and had to update my WP connection from legacy to the new one, but I cannot get this to work. The error I get is “authentication failed: The Zapier WordPress plugin has not been activated on this WordPress site.”, but the plugin is installed and activated.

I have tried everything, disabled Wordfence, switched to default theme, made zapier user Admin, disabled, re-enabled plugin etc. to no effect.

I have found various other threads related to Wordpress connection problems but nothing on this particular error.

Thanks for your help,

Tudor

icon

Best answer by Danvers 21 April 2022, 14:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sorry to hear that, @verde_io! Definitely keep us posted on your findings from support! We’d love to know. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi there, Tudor!

WordPress issues can be tricky to identify because it’s a very customizable software, so there are lots of different plug-ins and setting that can affect the connection between WordPress and Zapier. 

The first thing to do is to take a look through the help doc Common Problems with Wordpress  as that has some more trouble-shooting suggestions. If that doesn’t help then the best thing to do is to get in touch with the Zapier Support team using the Get Help form. They’ll be able to take a closer look at this with you and hopefully get to the bottom of things. Thanks!

Hi @Danvers, thanks for the reply. Like I mentioned, I ended up disabling all plugins and enabling the default theme, so I really fail to see what the conflict might be. I will try the Get Help form as suggested, thanks.