Question

URL from Slack Form is duplicated in Zapier

• 23 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello guys,

I created a Zap to capture some requests in a structured format. Someone triggers a workflow and gets asked to fill a form. All the form responses are being sent to a private slack channel. Whenever there is an entry in that channel, Zapier captures it and paste it to a different tool. 

One of the fields in the form is a url field. To test it I just entered www.zapier.com into the URL field of slack workflow. In Slack the URL looks normal. However, in Zapier, it becomes www.zapier.comwww.zapier.com> as you can see in the attached screenshot. Anybody know why this is happening?

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Onfido! 👋

Hmm, I’m not sure why it’s doing that, it’s definitely very odd. Is it doing that for all the Risk or Impact and Other Considerations form fields as well? Or is it just the References field?

Also, are there any differences in the types of field used on the form or are they all the same? Just wondering if maybe changing the References field’s type might stop it from duplicating the URL. Do you think that could work? 

Looking forward to hearing from you!