Best answer

Error: Failed to create a record in Firebase/Firestore. Error code 404: 404 Not Found

• 27 November 2022
  • 1 reply

My goal is to write Typeform answers to Firebase. I'm getting the following error, "Failed to create a record in Firebase / Firestore Error code 404: 404 Not Found".  I’ve posted screenshots of my Typeform, Zapier, and Firebase configurations below.  Can you see what I’m doing wrong?

My setup in Typeform:

My setup in Zapier:

1. Inputs. Note: the placeholder answer is different here as I deleted it on the Typeform side when testing.  I also set the Data key to “textQuestion” below (and in Cloud Firestore), given this help article: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495993033997#my-form-responses-stopped-sending-to-the-other-app-s-in-my-zap-0-0
  1. Testing action
  1. Error message shown

My setup in Firebase (Cloud Firestore, not the Realtime Database):

icon

Best answer by Danvers 28 November 2022, 11:03

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @moonraker1979, welcome to the community!

I can see that you got in touch with the Support team about this one and they explained that it’s related to the fact that the Firebase/Firestore integration works with the Realtime database and the test item is in a different database so the test is running into the 404 error. 

Here’s there full explanation:

...this integration appears to only pulls objects in the Realtime Database

...So when the action is being tested, it attempts to find this record under the Realtime Database. That is most likely why the error message that we're getting is error 404 (not found) as the test item is in a different Database.

The Firestore database on the other hand supports the creation of documents.

Are you wanting to write the Typeform answers as a document within Firebase Database? If so, you may want to use the Create Cloud Firestore Document action instead.

I hope that helps!