Best answer

Slack bot name defaulting to 'Zapier' on iOS

• 23 November 2022
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1

This post was split from 

I have a problem with the iOS-only software. Works fine everywhere (macOS, Android, Windows)

(I do not have an attachment in the message)

Bot name: Zapier.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 25 November 2022, 14:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

​Hi @mo83rg, welcome to the Community!

I can see that there is a currently an issue when using Zapier with Slack and viewing it on the iOS Slack app. When a bot is created in Zapier, we’re seeing the following:

• Custom icons are showing correctly
  • The bot name is shown as Zapier for every message (includes those that do not have files)
  • The push notification on iOS has the correct name, but the actual message does not.

I’m sorry that you’ve into this bug and I’ve added you to the list of affected users, which tells the team how many people are affected and also means that we’ll send you an email when there’s an update. I’d also recommend that you reach out to the Slack team to let them know that this is an issue that’s affecting the iOS app specifically. 

​I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any questions

I am running into the same issues using zappier with bots in Slack. The custom title shows up on androids and computers, but not iOS.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Total law 

I’ve added you to the list of affected user and we’ll notify you via email once an update is available. Thank you.

Also seeing this iOS issue--please notify when resolved

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @moxe,

I’ve added you to the list of affected users and we’ll send you an email once an update is available. Thank you.

Also seeing this issue

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Brodie-ligr 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users, we’ll notify you once an update is available. Thank you.

I am also having this issue. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @bslick 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users, and we’ll notify you via email once an update is available. Thanks!

I’ve run into this same issue. 

This morning I noticed this may be fixed? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @nathanj @Brodie-ligr 

I’ve added you both to the list of affected users, and we’ll notify you via email for any updates available. Thanks!

I am also experiencing this, but on all devices. We do not have a file attached that would trigger this issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @alannd 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users, and we’ll notify you via email once an update is available. Thanks!