Best answer

Quickbooks Online Business Validation Error: The payments you entered add up to more than the amount received

• 25 June 2022
  • 2 replies

HI,

I try to created a payment to an invoice with stripe and quickbooks and I get this error message when I run a test. 

Failed to create a create payment in QuickBooks Online

Business Validation Error: The payments you entered add up to more than the amount received.

Everything looks good from my end. I wonder if there is a way to resolve. Thank you

icon

Best answer by christina.d 12 July 2022, 02:23

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @trackingpremium!

Have you had a chance to try what @christina.d suggested? Did it help? If not let us know and we’ll see if there’s anything else we can do to help :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @trackingpremium! Thanks for reaching out and I’m so sorry about the delay here. 😣

I dug up some internal documentation and this looks to be related to some vague error messaging within QuickBooks Online as referenced here:

https://help.developer.intuit.com/s/question/0D50f00006Zw4ymCAB/help-a-business-validation-error-has-occurred-while-processing-your-request-business-validation-error-the-payments-you-entered-add-up-to-more-than-the-amount-received

To fix this, when entering an account in the "Deposit to Account" field, you will need to ensure that the selected account is a "Bank" or "Other Current Asset" type of account within your QBO setup. From there, retrying your test should resolve the error. 🙂