Best answer

Zapier Not Detecting Tasks Added in Google Tasks via Google Doc

• 14 December 2022
  • 36 replies

Userlevel 3

Google Tasks now has a number of ways of adding tasks. 

1. Direct add
  2. Add from gMail using the make task button
  3. Add in an arbitrary Google Doc by creating a task checkmark then assigning

Zapier correctly detects new tasks that are added with methods 1 and 2, but does not ‘see’ tasks added in the third way, which means I can’t reliably use the integration to sync tasks.

Has anyone come across this? I assume it’s a bug in the Zapier integration or maybe Google Tasks presents tasks added that way slightly differently?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 17 December 2022, 00:12

View original

36 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @sgrove-mll, @Bhoebe, @Iris34, @KrisB and @lorynf - so sorry we missed your messages here previously!

I’ve checked on the feature request and it’s still not been implemented unfortunately. We don’t have any ETA I can share on when you can expect this to be resolved by but everyone here has had their votes added, so we’ll definitely be in touch as soon as it is. Thanks for everyone’s continued patience on this in the meantime. 🙂

Hello - I am encountering a similar issue - is this still in the queue or scheduled to get resolved any time soon? @SamB 

Is this conected to that if I assign a google space tasks (created from Google chat) to me it is not registrering trigger?

The task appears as a new task in my “My tasks” list when it is assign to me, but dose not trigger a zap.

Tasks created from direct messages work fine.

I would also like to be notified on any updates on this, thanks!

Userlevel 1

Please notify me too!

Userlevel 1

Please notify me when this is fixed -- thank you!!

If this is difficult to do exactly as requested, a workaround could be to add the event “Updated task” or “Task moved to a list” to the Google Task trigger. Then we could move or star tasks to tripper the zap. When we have to copy and paste a task to trigger it, as in Laura from SI’s workaround, we lose the link to the doc where the task was created.

Userlevel 1

@christina.d : It’s been one year since this was discussed. Any movement on fixing this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You got it, @dh1272! 🙂 

I’ve added you to the list of folks interested in this. Can’t promise if/when it will definitely be implemented by but we’ll send you an email notification as soon as it is. Hopefully that workaround helps to get things up and running for you in the meantime! 🤞

@SamB I’d like to be added too please - thank you!

In the meantime, I will try Titus’s workaround.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @drewzer! 👋

Happy to confirm that you’ve been added as well. We’ll be in touch if/when it gets sorted. Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

Me too please!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Of course, @1es! 🙂

I’ve added your vote as well. We can’t make any promises as to when or if this might be added. But you’ll get an email from us once this functionality gets added to the Google Tasks app. 

Can you please also add me to the feature request? Thx!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Alex A, @sens8try, @Titus, @laura.granville and @CliffC! 👋

Really sorry for the delay in a follow up here! I can confirm that your votes have all been added to the feature request. While we can't guarantee when or if it'll be implemented, we'll definitely notify you all by email once it has been.

In the meantime, it might be worth giving the helpful workaround Titus shared a try, if you’ve not done so already! I did want to also mention that it’s also possible to use Email Parser by Zapier to trigger from the notification emails Google sends and parse the task information that way (see: Trigger Zaps from new parsed emails for more details. Hope that helps! 

Hello @christina.d -- I hope you’re doing well. Could you please add me to the notification list? This would be immensely helpful for our company!

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

I’d like this feature Google Dock Created Task Integration (to Google Tables) Zapier does not see this new task. Please up vote this feature request.  

Userlevel 1

I ran into this same issue and used the email that google sends you when you’re assigned a task as a workaround! It’s a bit cumbersome and requires some paid Zapier features (Formatter, looping if you have multiple tasks per email) but it can be done. I took the easy way and used ChatGPT to parse the notification email (may require paying for OpenAI API) but you could parse the information using Zapier formatters as well. Here’s the template: https://zapier.com/shared/0a33990db862060bb26fc31191c2254783af9a67

@jammer.solijon @christina.d can I be added as well? Thank you! This would make a world of difference for our company if it were functional!

@jammer.solijon @christina.d can I be added as well? Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey @nbarton 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

@jammer.solijon or @christina.d could you add my vote to this feature request as well? Do you know if it is something that is being worked on/is there a place where we can monitor the request?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You got it, @megancrain! You’ve been added and we’ll keep you in the loop. 🙂

@jammer.solijon can you add me to this feature request as well? Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Absolutely @jp-klv 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

Can you please also add me to the feature request? @jammer.solijon