Question

Notion Error 400: "Nothing could be found for the search."

• 25 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I’m having issues implementing de FIND task in Notion and cant figure out the source of the problem. In some cases, the zap runs perfectly, while in others, the error 400 shows up with the following text “Nothing could be found for the search”. I can’t find exact characteristics from the Notion db elements that trigger this error. Has anyone had a similar experience?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @academiakilimo!

When the Zap error shows ‘Nothing could be found for the search’ that usually means that the search didn’t match any items in Notion. In your Zap are you seeing this happen where you know that there is something that does match the search in your database? If so, the best thing to do is to contact the Support team and share an example of a Zap run where the search didn’t find anything, along with a screenshot of the item in Notion that it should have found. The best way to contact the Support team is with the Get Help form. 

If the Zap isn’t finding anything because there isn’t a matching database item in Notion, but you don’t want the Zap to stop (hit an error) then in the action, change the “Should this step be considered a “success” when nothing is found” dropdown to yes.

If you do that, the Zap will keep running if nothing is found in this step. Bear in mind that if you need information from this action in following steps, those steps will run into an error. 

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions!