Best answer

No data, creating new entry in Zoho

• 13 February 2023
  • 2 replies

I am using an email address to search for an existing contact in Zoho CRM.  The the data coming in from the trigger may or may not have an email.    I would like to create a new contact if the email field has no data.  I’ve tried true and false with creating a new contact and I keep getting a 400 error with missing data.  I’m assuming it is missing data from the blank email, but telling it that it’s successful should move on to the create step, which it isn’t doing.  Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by A-A Ron 14 February 2023, 03:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @A-A Ron , like the username 😆, so first things first. 

I did take a look around our systems, and I’m not seeing this noted as a common issue, so we can take that as a good sign i.e, likely not a bug. 

But that doesn’t answer your question so….let’s keep digging! 400 requests are usually an indication of a permissions issue or a “bad request”. I’m sure you’ve probably seen this, but just in case you haven’t here’s a breakdown on Zoho’s site with more information. 

My request from you would be to provide some screenshots of your entire Zap (trigger and actions) so we can take a closer look of what’s going on. Please add a screenshot of your error message as well!

HI,

Thanks for the response.  I figured out how to make it work.  i used a filter that looked for the output in the formatter to have an “@” in the result.  This helped me stop the Zap if it wasn’t present, or continue if it was there.

Thanks!