Question

Lemlist error: Authentication failed, the app returned "The authentication you supplied is incorrect."

• 23 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi!

I am trying to connect Airpipe with Lemlist via Zapier, when I try to log into lemlist through Zapier I get this error message. Do I need to be on a paid plan to use this service?

Thank you 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Uptrend 

Good question.

Have you checked this lemlist help article?

https://help.lemlist.com/en/articles/4452685-connect-my-lemlist-account-to-zapier

Hey!

Yes I have tried that, still does not work for me….

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hmm @Uptrend are you attempting to log in using API? 

From our internal notes regarding a user trying to login and authenticate using their username and password, I can see the following tip:

To authenticate with API, you can't use your user's login password. You have to go to Settings > integration and scroll down to "Zapier" and click on "show" button to see your zapier login password.

Looking forward to your response on this, happy to pop back over and provide further assistance!

Yep I am logging in with the zapier API from my lemlist integration page...

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Uptrend 

I want to ask if you have followed the workaround that my colleague suggested?

To authenticate with API, you can't use the user's login password. You have to go to Settings (in lemlist) > integration and scroll down to "Zapier" and click on "show" button to see your Zapier login password.

Let us know how it works!

Hey Brem,

Yes I have and it does not work. I have tried everything online and also I have tried things that Lemlist have told me to try. Non of it works unfortunately 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @Uptrend,

I am jumping in here to see if I can help!

I tried connecting lemlist on my end and got the same error. That said, I fixed the error by verifying my lemlist account first and then connecting lemlist to Zapier. Like so:

1. Generate a new API key:
    7203d5ca4a4a60d6223e178d4a516253.png
    (view larger)

2. Copy the generated login credential:
    e97f1eb99ddfa96c53e8f6a859bc7fd2.png
    (view larger)

3. Paste the generated login and the newly generated API key:
    f18360651680227117f47fd99ce345e7.png
    (view larger)

Please give this a try, and keep us posted!

Thanks! 😊