Best answer

Lead Created in Salesforce; Can't Add to a Specific Campaign

• 1 August 2022
  • 3 replies

I keep getting an error: Lead Created in Salesforce; Can't Add to a Specific Campaign

The lead is created in Salesforce, but it looks Zap is trying to take a previously created lead that is already in a campaign. I need the lead created in Step 1 to be added to a campaign. Not sure why it isn’t.

This answer isn’t making sense to me either - 

Here is my setup:

icon

Best answer by christina.d 2 August 2022, 21:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @stacky,

It was probably due to you have mapped static values (instead of dynamic ones from the trigger step) in the Salesforce actions. Please share screenshots of your mapping in the salesforce action fields.

I figured it out - the above previous answer wasn’t very clear, but the action simply needs the lead ID - Then it 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

… the action simply needs the lead ID.

Thanks for swing back around to let us know what did the trick for you, @stacky! We’re so glad you were able to get this sorted. 🤗

...mapped static values (instead of dynamic ones from the trigger step) in the Salesforce actions

For anyone following along, here’s a help article that may help breakdown @robschmidt’s recommendations on static vs dynamic field mapping. 

I hope this helps!