Best answer

Jira error: Issue does not exist, or you do not have permission to see it.

• 22 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

We created a Zap to create a Jira ticket based on submission of a Google form. These ticket details are then email to the submitter. Although the ticket gets created in Jira, the link received in the email for this ticket does not open the Jira ticket. It gives an error as below:

{"errorMessages":["Issue does not exist or you do not have permission to see it."],"errors":{}}
icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 27 September 2022, 15:40

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @pradeep.nene! Thanks for reaching out in the Community! 🤗

Which version of Jira are you using- Jira Software Server or  Jira Software Cloud? Are you able to outline which triggers and actions you’re using with each app? That may help us troubleshoot a bit more with ya. 

It may also be worth double checking permissions. Full admin privileges along with API access is required. You can find more info about granting the correct permissions here.

We’ll keep an eye out for your reply! 🙂

Userlevel 1

@christina.d we are using Jira Software Cloud. The values which we get from the “Create Issue in Jira Software Cloud” are as per below screenshot:

We use the link “Self” as reference to the ticket created in Jira, but then when the user clicks this link in the email, it does not open the ticket & gives the error as mentioned above. Please note that the user has access to this Jira board & my ID has Admin permissions in Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @pradeep.nene ,

the link Self might not be the correct link, I see it mentions api in it. What I would do to trouble shoot this is to go to Jira and get the link of this ticket (I mean the link which when sent to the user it will open the ticket as you want it to, you can test that by copying the link to another window and see if it opens) then you can go to the test results and paste that link in the search field to know the correct field name. 

let me know if this helps

Userlevel 1

@MohSwellam when I paste the link to the actual Jira ticket into the Test search window, it doesn’t return any value or field name:

Userlevel 1

@christina.d @MohSwellam Zapier confirmed that this is a bug.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@christina.d @MohSwellam Zapier confirmed that this is a bug.

Thanks for circling back with what you learned from our Support team, @pradeep.nene . I see you have been added to this bug report which means you will be notified once it’s squashed. We’ll also be sure to keep the topic updated as well!

I know that’s not the answer you were hoping for but let us know if we can be of any additional help!

MOD EDIT

Workaround - Insert link to the Atlassian instance followed immediately with the "Key" field

Userlevel 1

@Liz_Roberts The workaround provided by Zapier support team works well & we will continue to use it until this bug gets fixed.

WorkaroundInsert link to the Atlassian instance followed immediately with the "Key" field