Best answer

How do I select “shared files" folder in Dropbox as a folder path?

Userlevel 1

I have been working on this for a while, The idea is to export the order (.xls) from woocommerce to dropboxshared files” folder.

The idea is this:

1.At 12.00am, zapier will the export orders in .xls format(from woocommerce) to “shared files” folder in dropbox

But the problem is, in zapier there is no “shared files” as a folder option when I’m choosing the folder destinantion. I only can access the personal folder. The reason why I want to choose the “Shared files” folder is to share the files with my team.

The zapier plan that I am using is Starter Plan. Do I need to upgrade to a specific plan to get access to it?

Do you know a way around this?

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 July 2023, 16:49

View original

48 replies

Userlevel 1

Please add my vote for this fix (which should not be considered a new feature).

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Alex_ekhlass 

Do you support Team folders (Dropbox for Business)?

At the moment, we don't support Team folders, but we do have it as a feature request.
To add your interest, contact support and we can notify you if and when we are able to add this to the Dropbox integration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @studiohungry!

I’m afraid that it isn’t possible to access a shared folder in dropbox using Zapier, I’m sorry about that. If we have some news on this, we’ll update this post.

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @akohrs, @Conno and @IzzyJ 

I’ve added you guys to this feature request. We’ll update this thread if there are changes and email you guys individually once this request is active. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @ipistsov 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, we’ll notify you via email once available. Thanks.

Userlevel 1

@Sam, team spaces are not selectable on an enterprise account with Dropbox. I’m one of the admins on the account and have authenticated with that account in Zapier and the only option is a personal space. Just to clarify, there are two different versions of Dropbox teams, one is called spaces and one is called folders. Team folders are inside a users folder, where as Team Spaces (what Dropbox is updating everyone too) are not selectable in Zapier.

@seanpmgallagher I have been frustrated by this for months and finally found a solution (workaround).

You can access Team Folders within a Team Space by selecting ‘Custom’ in the Space dropdown and entering the ‘root_namespace_id’ for the related Dropbox account. You can find this a few ways but the easiest is probably just to use Dropbox API Explorer to call the get_current_account endpoint. Another is to use chrome developer tools on dropbox.com and under the network tab, search for ‘x-dropbox-path-root’ you should see many results showing this number. 

So, it seems the only piece broken with the current Dropbox integration is actually just the ability to select the team space in the dropdown. You can access it once you bypass that dropdown.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey friends! 👋

I have good news to share, Team Folders are now supported! 🎉

So if you’ve got a business Dropbox account it’s now possible to select your team space (or your personal space) from the dropdown menu on the Space field.

Happy zapping! ⚡️

Userlevel 1

Given the recent “upgrade” to Dropbox Business accounts, my Zapier automations (which include creating folders in a team “share”) are broken. Is there any update to the ability to use Zapier to access shared (Team) folders in Zapier? The utility of Zapier for our use case has deteriorated overnight.

I’d imagine anyone who had their Dropbox Business accounts migrated to this new folder schema is similarly affected.

I have been working on this for a while, The idea is to export the order (.xls) from woocommerce to dropboxshared files” folder.

The idea is this:

1.At 12.00am, zapier will the export orders in .xls format(from woocommerce) to “shared files” folder in dropbox

But the problem is, in zapier there is no “shared files” as a folder option when I’m choosing the folder destinantion. I only can access the personal folder. The reason why I want to choose the “Shared files” folder is to share the files with my team.

The zapier plan that I am using is Starter Plan. Do I need to upgrade to a specific plan to get access to it?

Do you know a way around this?

Please add me to the list also - half of the shortcuts within our business run on it.

eg: If a client shares a specifically titled document / PDF via email, we save it to a folder which then sends alerts for someone to check it.

If we get certain newsletters/PDFs from a particular source, it goes into a particular shared folder, which then creates a weekly summary of newsletters

etc etc etc.

Currently we can’t see any folders.

nevermind.  I misread.  You can delete/ignore this post.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Jussimir 

I’ve added you to this feature request and we’ll update via email once available. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Alex_ekhlass!

Troy is correct here. Shared Team folders are not currently supported. I’ve added your vote to the existing feature request for this. While can’t give an ETA on when support for Team folders would be added to the DropBox integration, we will notify you by email as soon as it is! :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @George 1984 and @TomSolid,

I’ve added all of your votes for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

We have the same issue here with our Zaps. DropBox Business upgraded to Team Spaces and bam, no more Zaps working. :( 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Ashtonc and @ackwalk 

I’ve added you both for this feature request. We’ll keep this thread update and email you guys when an update is available. 

@Sam, team spaces are not selectable on an enterprise account with Dropbox. I’m one of the admins on the account and have authenticated with that account in Zapier and the only option is a personal space. Just to clarify, there are two different versions of Dropbox teams, one is called spaces and one is called folders. Team folders are inside a users folder, where as Team Spaces (what Dropbox is updating everyone too) are not selectable in Zapier.

Hi,

Adding my vote to this feature request and please notify me once/if available. Thanks! :) 

Please add me too @jammer.solijon 

Hello everybody,

is it still not possible to access dropbox team folders?

kg

Please add this much needed feature!!

Please add us to this list. We are disappointed to learn this is still not a function. This seems so basic to enable.

Hello,

Any news on this feature ?

Please add my vote for this feature.

Thanks.

Serge

Please add my vote to this feature - thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @mshurtle 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, we’ll update you via email once available. Thanks!

I wanted to revive our Zapier account and add some Dropbox automation. I am shocked to hear that team folders are not supported. Please add us to the votes @jammer.solijon. We will not upgrade to a paid account if this feature isn't supported.