Best answer

How do I select “shared files" folder in Dropbox as a folder path?

• 19 August 2021
  • 46 replies

Userlevel 1

I have been working on this for a while, The idea is to export the order (.xls) from woocommerce to dropboxshared files” folder.

The idea is this:

1.At 12.00am, zapier will the export orders in .xls format(from woocommerce) to “shared files” folder in dropbox

But the problem is, in zapier there is no “shared files” as a folder option when I’m choosing the folder destinantion. I only can access the personal folder. The reason why I want to choose the “Shared files” folder is to share the files with my team.

The zapier plan that I am using is Starter Plan. Do I need to upgrade to a specific plan to get access to it?

Do you know a way around this?

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 July 2023, 16:49

View original

46 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @ipistsov 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, we’ll notify you via email once available. Thanks.

Hi,

Adding my vote to this feature request and please notify me once/if available. Thanks! :) 

There is is still no update on this? Why is the connections then advertised for Teams, if we cannot use a shared folder? Please add my vote too.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @George 1984 and @TomSolid,

I’ve added all of your votes for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

Please add me too @jammer.solijon 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @spencerkm 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

I’d like to vote to this feature request and please notify me when available. Thanks!

I’d like to vote to this feature request and please notify me when available. Thanks!

Please add us to this list. We are disappointed to learn this is still not a function. This seems so basic to enable.

I wanted to revive our Zapier account and add some Dropbox automation. I am shocked to hear that team folders are not supported. Please add us to the votes @jammer.solijon. We will not upgrade to a paid account if this feature isn't supported.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @B.Smith@Ali_Accrete@Valor and @vivalamovie!

Happy to confirm that we’ve added you all to the list of affected users. I can’t make any promises as to when that will be but you will all be emailed as soon as it’s added. In the meantime we’ll be sure to share any news or workarounds we come across here! 🙂

Please add this much needed feature!!

Y’all, this is crazy that this isn’t supported. Please add my name to the list of people who need this feature. We can not use Zapier without it, period.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Reuben Mak and @robmartinez!

Since you have not yet been added to any feature requests I wanted to clarify. Are you looking for shared folders or team folders (or maybe both)?

@nicksimard   

Team folder. Current zapier is unable to access dropbox team folder, that means no automation can be done on a corporate level. This has been an issue we saw 2 years ago and cant believe this is still no update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for clarifying that @Reuben Mak! 🙂

I’ve added your vote to the feature request to have Team Folders supported. I can totally understand the frustration in this feature request not being implemented yet. Feature requests are influenced by various factors and at the moment there's still no ETA for this unfortunately.

I’m sorry to not have a more immediate solution here. We’ll definitely send you an email notification the minute it’s added and keep everyone here in the loop on any news we have on this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey friends! 👋

I have good news to share, Team Folders are now supported! 🎉

So if you’ve got a business Dropbox account it’s now possible to select your team space (or your personal space) from the dropdown menu on the Space field.

Happy zapping! ⚡️

Hey friends! 👋

I have good news to share, Team Folders are now supported! 🎉

So if you’ve got a business Dropbox account it’s now possible to select your team space (or your personal space) from the dropdown menu on the Space field.

Happy zapping! ⚡️

Sam,

Is this actually confirmed as working? As I’ve had an ongoing support ticket with Zapier as we’ve been unable to reinstate our Zaps that were previously working, but Zapier support are stating that Team folders are NOT able to be selected for Zaps - can you clarify or show instructions/screenshots on this to prove it’s possible?
Dan 

@Sam, team spaces are not selectable on an enterprise account with Dropbox. I’m one of the admins on the account and have authenticated with that account in Zapier and the only option is a personal space. Just to clarify, there are two different versions of Dropbox teams, one is called spaces and one is called folders. Team folders are inside a users folder, where as Team Spaces (what Dropbox is updating everyone too) are not selectable in Zapier.

Userlevel 1

@Sam, team spaces are not selectable on an enterprise account with Dropbox. I’m one of the admins on the account and have authenticated with that account in Zapier and the only option is a personal space. Just to clarify, there are two different versions of Dropbox teams, one is called spaces and one is called folders. Team folders are inside a users folder, where as Team Spaces (what Dropbox is updating everyone too) are not selectable in Zapier.

@seanpmgallagher I have been frustrated by this for months and finally found a solution (workaround).

You can access Team Folders within a Team Space by selecting ‘Custom’ in the Space dropdown and entering the ‘root_namespace_id’ for the related Dropbox account. You can find this a few ways but the easiest is probably just to use Dropbox API Explorer to call the get_current_account endpoint. Another is to use chrome developer tools on dropbox.com and under the network tab, search for ‘x-dropbox-path-root’ you should see many results showing this number. 

So, it seems the only piece broken with the current Dropbox integration is actually just the ability to select the team space in the dropdown. You can access it once you bypass that dropdown.

@jarednw that’s great to know, thank you so much!