Question

Error: Failed to create an offer grant in Kajabi. The app returned "email: is already taken."

• 25 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I have a zap I would like to connect to Shopify to Kajabi. However, when I test it, it shows this error. I am trying to connect this zap so that I can have my course available for access for Black Friday. Please help!!!

If you need more context or screenshots I can share more. - Thanks in advance.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @LMV!

The tricky thing about Kajabi is that (as far as I know) the external user ID is not necessarily the email address, especially if it wasn’t created via Zapier:

The Kajabi integration doesn’t have a Find Customer action, so you’d need to track these external user IDs in some other place, where you can reference them (maybe something like Airtable).

It’s also possible that the user from whom you’re trying to revoke the offer happens to not have access to it (happens with sample data sometimes).

Hope that helps!

Badge

The same error in the screenshot is what keeps showing. As well as, I do have one zap that is connected from Shopify to Kajabi however when creating the revoke access it shows this error. I created a canceled order through Shopify and it’s not working…

Badge

Hi! Thanks for responding. I have been trying to get help all day. I changed the email and name and it still shows this error and I don’t know what to do and I’m frustrated using zaps….

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @LMV 

As the error points out, the email already exists in Kajabi. So try using a different email, or just skip the test.

Also you’ll have to change the email for static text to value from Shopify, just like you did for name.