Question

No errors but Zap isn't triggering for new leads in Facebook Lead Ads

• 21 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Problem: No errors but Zap isn't triggering for new leads in Facebook Lead Ads. New leads are coming in through ads, but the leads are not being transferred to Zaps. Permissions are all approved and integrations are connected. 

Reviewed + confirmed the following permissions using Facebook Lead Ads (for Business Admins) integration on Zapier. 
- Manage Pages
- Manage Ad Account
- Leads Access
- The page is part of a Business Manager account.
- I am an admin or manager of the Facebook Business Manager account I’m connecting.
- I have Admin or Manager permissions for the page and ad account I am trying to connect.

I checked if CRM access for Zapier is properly set using the Facebook Lead Ads testing tool. The tool is reporting a 103 error - CRM access has been revoked from Lead Access Manager but I reset the Facebook Leads Access CRM permissions and it appears to be connected. 

so56iy8inxg8ysnnuEFuTy75l7Eo2eD7mfCnYbAMlBtHY2r7pmkUcZcyOTmsuU6TFzHGWGsYD6SRmkABJLWJKJwR7Uh1LeV_J73dpPjDzD3tO5g52AzRW3hAXTfYI1IhIKE6MS95bkuR0lSnYcOgDIhQoLSjB1r19UKPrFJ7Vff-duFT5SmHaVklQw

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Whole Whale - thanks so much for reaching out in the Community and outlining the steps you’ve taken thus far. Sorry to hear you’re still running into this. 

I took a quick peek and can see you were able to open a ticket with my friends in support - which is actually perfect. They’ll have the ability to dig into your zap a bit more than we can and hopefully get you on the right track. 

Keep us in the loop though! We’d love to know what the end solution for you is! 🙂

Hey there, @Whole Whale - thanks so much for reaching out in the Community and outlining the steps you’ve taken thus far. Sorry to hear you’re still running into this. 

I took a quick peek and can see you were able to open a ticket with my friends in support - which is actually perfect. They’ll have the ability to dig into your zap a bit more than we can and hopefully get you on the right track. 

Keep us in the loop though! We’d love to know what the end solution for you is! 🙂

Hey there! We got an message from the support team relaying the instructions we already acknowledged to have followed and asked for screenshots we already sent. Any chance you can help us @christina.d

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello @Whole Whale 

Did you map the data from Facebook Lead Forms to your CRM ?

What is your CRM and how did you configure the Zap?

Maybe look at the Zap Run History and share the screenshots would help us have a better context to help you out

Hello @Whole Whale 

Did you map the data from Facebook Lead Forms to your CRM ?

What is your CRM and how did you configure the Zap?

Maybe look at the Zap Run History and share the screenshots would help us have a better context to help you out

Thanks for your post! We are trying to establish a zap from Campaign Monitor and Facebook, so we are not trying to do anything with their CRM (which is Salesforce). I haven’t read anything in the support articles that says we need to connect their Salesforce CRM, but is that the missing piece here?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello @Whole Whale  

So you are trying send leads generated on Facebook Lead Form to Campaign Monitor am I correct?

If yes then you built a Zap with Facebook Lead Form as the Trigger Step and Campaign Monitor as Action step inside your Zapier account and enabled it?

From what I assume you just created a connection between zapier and facebook but didn’t configure a Zap mapping the data from Facebook Lead Form Submission into Campaign Monitor.

Just a connecting with Zapier doesn’t transfer data and you have to build a zap for it 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Whole Whale!

Were you able to take a look at @Satya09’s response? 

Have you made a Zap and turned it on? And is it still turned on? It would be really helpful to know if the Zap worked for a bit then stopped working or if it’s never worked. 

Or are you having trouble setting up the trigger of a Zap and you haven’t added any other steps yet? If so, could you send us a screenshot of the Zap editor showing the different steps in the Zap?

I also recommend continuing with the Support team as they can take a look at the Zap’s logs to see if there’s anything else that is preventing it from working the way that it should. 

I keep going through all these support conversations around this Lead Ads issue and not one have I seen a solution for. We are all beyond the “reconnect” and “get the right permissions”, there’s something deeper.