Question

Halted zaps because "nothing found on airtable"

• 20 September 2022
  • 7 replies

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hi all, my zaps were halted and I’m not sure why would appreciate any help.

Some zaps ran as expected while some were put on halt (please see attached screenshots for one that succeeded and one that was halted).

The zap itself is supposed to be entry in typeform → find record → update record

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @coco!

Did you try updating the version of the Airtable integration as @MohSwellam suggested? If so did it help? 

Let us know if you still need some ideas on this one :) 

Hi @coco 

Good question.

The Zap step for Airtable Find Record was not able to find a matching record based on the search criteria.

You can check this by searching the Airtable Base Table for the lookup value, which appears to be an email address in your case.

You may want to change the logic to be like this:

1. Trigger: Typeform
  2. Action: Find/Create Record
    1. This will mean a record is always found OR created.
  3. Action: Update Record

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hi Troy,

Thanks for the response! 

I believe the logic is already the way you had suggested (please see below screenshot). I was wondering if you’d be available for a call (or let me know your rate/process) to help look into the issue. My email - xxxx@talentcity.ng

Thanks a lot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@coco 

Make sure you have this field set to Yes in the Airtable Find Record step so the following Filter step can be used.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @coco 

Following what @Troy Tessalone said, the problem when searching for emails is the upper case letters which I see you already solved by adding the formatter step String Lower Case. BUT you should also make sure that the emails in Airtable are set to lowercase, I usually make that a formula field with TRIM(LOWER({email}))

Hope this helps 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @coco 

Good question.

The Zap step for Airtable Find Record was not able to find a matching record based on the search criteria.

You can check this by searching the Airtable Base Table for the lookup value, which appears to be an email address in your case.

You may want to change the logic to be like this:

1. Trigger: Typeform
  2. Action: Find/Create Record
    1. This will mean a record is always found OR created.
  3. Action: Update Record

Hi @coco 

Following what @Troy Tessalone said, the problem when searching for emails is the upper case letters which I see you already solved by adding the formatter step String Lower Case. BUT you should also make sure that the emails in Airtable are set to lowercase, I usually make that a formula field with TRIM(LOWER({email}))

Hope this helps 

Hi MohSwellam thanks for the response.

When the emails were inputted into Airtable they were all formatted to lowercase in the other Zap. So they’re 100% all lowercase. Any other idea on possibilities?

Thank you so much for brainstorming through this.

Coco

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

My pleasure @coco 

How about this, did you try searching for the failed email address in Airtable and found it? 

Another thing worth considering, update to the latest Airtable integration instead of version 2.2.3 (which is an older version). I noticed that the one that failed was the older version while the one that worked was the latest version :) Are those 2 separate zaps?