Best answer

Unable to load Google Calendar events in Zap for website registration update.

• 21 September 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Community

I am trying to update a zap which has worked previously but is currently not working.

The action is to update an event on Google Calendar when a form is submitted from a registration on our website. When I have to select the event to associate with the zap, the event list is no longer loaded. Clicking on load more the events doesn’t help.

I have already tried to reconnect the Google Calendar app but it doesn’t help.

Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 30 September 2022, 14:59

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have ran into the same issue today. I have a step to ‘Add Attendee/s to Event in Google Calendar’.

I can only see 1 future event in the list (there are dozens of them in the calendar). I assume there is some kind of criteria to determine which events are shown or a bug?

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have ran into the same issue today. I have a step to ‘Add Attendee/s to Event in Google Calendar’.

I can only see 1 future event in the list (there are dozens of them in the calendar). I assume there is some kind of criteria to determine which events are shown or a bug?

Hi Luke

The events that you cannot see, did you create them recently or are they updated events? We have used these same zaps repeatedly for events we do every 6weeks or so, so we usually create new events and then simply update the zaps. But in this one we changed the date of the event, so updated it in Google Calendar first and then attempted to update the zaps. I wonder if that is where I have gone wrong … hmmm …?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @AlanV! Thanks so much for reaching out in the Community. 🤗 Sorry to hear you’re running into this!

Apologies if this sounds redundant - are you able to submit a recent registration form on the website and then try again with testing the zap? 

Keep us posted! We definitely want to help. 

Userlevel 1

Hi Christina

Warren here with username AlanV.

I have resubmitted the form from our Webflow website. And this trigger is working for the 1st action which is to add the registrant to an Audience in Mailchimp with an associated tag. The 2nd action is to add the registrant to an existing event on Google Calendar and this is where the zap is not working. I see the calendar but not the updated event.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Warren!

Can I confirm that I’ve understood the issue? In the update event step, when you use the dropdown list for the Event, there’s nothing there? There’s nothing in the area that the arrow is pointing to in this screenshot?

If that’s the case, then you’re right that it’s because the event needs to have been recently created for the Zap editor to pick it up. 

Another way that you can choose a specific event for the Zap is to use the ID of the event in the ‘Custom’ tab in the dropdown menu. To find the event ID, clicking edit on the event in your calendar, when the edit tab opens the ID is in the url. It’s the string that starts after https://calendar.google.com/calendar/r/eventedit/

In this example, the Event ID is the text that starts ‘MmZu’. When you’re copying the ID from the url, make sure that you only include the string of letters and numbers, stop if you hit any punctuation, so the ID in the example above ends with ‘jb20’

When you have the ID, put it in the Event field by clicking on Custom then pasting the value in the box.

Would that work for you, @AlanV?

Hi,

I have the exact same problem … 

I have the same issue — only a handful of events show up in the dropdown pick list, and not the one I need. I have tried searching for the name, and no other events show up.

@Danvers I tried using the event ID string in the “custom” field, and it returned an error on testing. 

Is there a solution for this problem???

This did not work for me as a solve either. Pasted event ID in custom field. Received error. 

This option didnt work for me.