Question

Failed to create a signature request in DocuSign Cannot read property 'signers' of undefined

Userlevel 1

I’ve filled in everything in the Set Up part, I don’t know what’s wrong.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Jake111 ,

Can you post screenshot of your Zap and how you have configured Docusign action?

Userlevel 1

Hey @Jake111 ,

Can you post screenshot of your Zap and how you have configured Docusign action?

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

The Zap looks proper to me. Can you go to Zap History -> Open the failed execution -> Go to DocuSign action -> Send screenshot of Data In input. 

Userlevel 1

There’s no history yet, I can’t get past testing it

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Can you try to click on Skip Test and than Switch on the Zap and than test it? Let's see if this works or not. 

​​​​

Userlevel 1

Can you try to click on Skip Test and than Switch on the Zap and than test it? Let's see if this works or not. 

​​​​

It’s the same error

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Jake111 ,

Can you send Docusign Data In screenshot from Zap History? Also can you try to send a request manually via Docusign dashboard with same details that you are sending on Zapier? It looks to me that some inputs fields are not in proper format thus Docusign is not sending

Userlevel 1

Hey @Jake111 ,

Can you send Docusign Data In screenshot from Zap History? Also can you try to send a request manually via Docusign dashboard with same details that you are sending on Zapier? It looks to me that some inputs fields are not in proper format thus Docusign is not sending

It’s the same error in the History tab. 

It looks to me there’s a required field “signers” that Zapier isn’t showing me.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Jake111 Can you try raising this issue with Zapier Support Team here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Jake111. I wanted to touch base and see if you were able to get this sorted?

I can see you were able to chat with my friends in support - which is perfect. This was their response:

Could you please try the following to resolve?

• leave the Recipientrole input blank in your DocuSign step
  • re-test the step. Does this run successfully? If you hit a different error, can you relay the error message?

If you’re still looking for a solution, I’d recommend continuing to try and troubleshoot with them. They’ll have a bit more insight into your logs to see what the root of this might be. 

Keep us posted! We definitely want to make sure this you’re all squared away. 

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Has this issue been resolved? I am also getting this error. However, I am not attempting to use a custom Recipientrole, and the default Recipientrole options from Docusign don’t appear to be populating. Any insight would be helpful!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Jake111 you need to configure Docusign correctly by adding a signer role. 

Check this