Question

Error: Could not create record of the "Contact" object: Record Type ID

• 3 February 2023
  • 5 replies

I’m trying to add a new contact into Salesforce and keep getting this error:

“Could not create record of the "Contact" object: Record Type ID: this ID value isn't valid for the user: 0123i000000EBnnAAG”

Can someone please help me troubleshoot this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @hylton 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps is configured in order for us to have context, thanks.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Thanks Troy.  Here you go:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@hylton 

Check to make sure the connected Salesforce account has enough/proper permissions/privileges set in Salesforce.

Error: "INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE"

This usually means that a Salesforce admin has restricted updates or insertions on that particular field(s) listed in the error message. You’ll need to contact your Salesforce admin to get the necessary permissions for the action.

Error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION"

Double check if one of the fields/objects has a custom validation rule. You would need to check that rule and ensure that the record we are creating through the Zap adheres to that rule.

Hi Troy, I am set up as Sys Admin so i don’t think that is it.  I also checked and there are no custom validation rules for that field.  Any other ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@hylton

The error is related to this field:

“Could not create record of the "Contact" object: Record Type ID: this ID value isn't valid for the user: 0123i000000EBnnAAG”