Best answer

Discord response error: "status":403,"headers":{"content-type":"application/json"},"content":"{\"message\": \"Missing Permissions\", \"code\": 50013}","request":{"url":"https://discordapp.com/api/v9/channels/937780808855478283/webhooks"

• 30 June 2022
  • 3 replies

I’m suddenly getting an error when trying to troubleshoot my zap. It was working before, but suddenly is not working anymore. No changes were made to the zapier bot in Discord, or the zap itself. Getting this error:

Failed to create a channel message in Discord

ResponseError: {"status":403,"headers":{"content-type":"application/json"},"content":"{\"message\": \"Missing Permissions\", \"code\": 50013}","request":{"url":"https://discordapp.com/api/v9/channels/937780808855478283/webhooks"}}

I’ve tried creating a fresh zap, using fresh credentials/authentication. I’ve made sure that the bot has adequate permissions in my Discord server and in the channel it’s posting to. The RSS feed I’m trying to connect to is public: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/plugins/custom/microsoft/o365/custom-blog-rss?tid=-8238675518584296925&board=CoreInfrastructureandSecurityBlog&label=&messages=&size=10

icon

Best answer by christina.d 30 June 2022, 19:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @ithius! Thanks for swinging by and highlighting the troubleshooting steps you’ve already taken! It’s super helpful.

It definitely sounds like you’ve hit a lot of the steps we typically recommend here in Community. At this point, I actually would recommend opening a ticket with my friends in support. They can a deeper look at your zap logs and hopefully help get to the bottom of this with you.

Please continue to keep us posted on your success! 

I asked this question to ChatGPT and the AI gave me this reply:

----

The error message you received indicates that the Zapier bot in Discord is lacking the necessary permissions to create a channel message in Discord. The error code "50013" indicates a "Missing Permissions" error, which means that the bot does not have the necessary permissions to perform the action it's trying to do.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check the bot's permissions: Check the bot's permissions in Discord and make sure it has the necessary permissions to create channel messages. To do this, go to your Discord server, click on the bot's name in the member list, and then click on "Roles." Make sure the bot has the "Send Messages" permission enabled.

2. Check the webhook URL: Double-check the webhook URL in Zapier to make sure it's correct. If the URL is incorrect, it could cause the error you're seeing.

3. Try creating a new webhook: Sometimes, creating a new webhook can solve the problem. To do this, go to your Discord server, right-click on the channel you want to post to, and select "Edit Channel." Under the "Integrations" tab, click "Create Webhook" and follow the prompts. Then, update the webhook URL in Zapier with the new URL.

4. Contact Zapier support: If none of the above steps work, contact Zapier support for further assistance. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and get your zap working again.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Your bot has the required permissions in the server and channel, regenerate the webhook URL if applicable, and consider testing with a different channel.